Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bjørn's Tesla Model S videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel embarrassed I didn't recommend the coast route back from the Bay Area when you were up there. Duh!

You were thinking about taking those hills in San Francisco in the winter. They may get a little dicey when it rains sometimes, but it never snows in SF. Pretty much the only places in California that get snow are the higher mountains (Sierra Nevada, Cascades (northern part), some of the higher parts of the San Gabriels, the Siskyous (California/Oregon border), etc. Very, very rarely there is a dusting of snow on the mountain range between Morro Bay and Atascadero (some of the higher spots), but I only recall hearing about it once.

You passed through Morgan Hill where I work now (telecommuting from Portland) and the town my father lives in: Morro Bay. You pronounced Atascadero correctly, I lived a few blocks from where the supercharger is now for a while when I was in college (Elon was in South Africa at the time). Highway 1 is one of the classic drives, it's very popular with motorcyclists who want to drive curves.

If I had thought of it I would have recommended staying at the Madonna Inn
Madonna Inn - Landmark resort hotel on California's Central Coast

Each room is unique.

In an earlier video you stopped at the Tejon Ranch super charger. It's pronounced Ta-hone. The Js that sound like Hs through a lot of people. My father moved to California from Michigan in 1940. He met someone on the train who said she was from La Hoy-a and told him to look her up if he was ever in town. He said it was a couple of decades before he realized La Hoy-a was spelled La Jolla.

Another great video! It's a pretty sure bet my first road trip in my Model S will be through some of the same places you traveled on your trip. We'll have to make sure to get to the Atascadero supercharger before 9 PM. That Korean BBQ place looked a lot more interesting than Dennys!

If you had made your trip a couple of months later the weather in Atascadero would be very different. The coast stays cold and often windy year round, there is nothing to stop the wind between you and Japan, but once you get inland it starts getting hot around May. By June daily highs in Atascadero can be over 40C and nightime temps can be over 25C.

Because of the heat inland the coast gets very foggy almost every afternoon in the summer. In Morro Bay you can watch it creep in like something out of a horror film.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
...IKEA hooks from drying rack...

IKEA is pretty cool about spare parts, and have containers with nuts, bolts and such at the returns/pickup desk. Just pick what you need and leave a suggested donation that goes to charity. Or you can order the whole set of screws et c. needed for a particular article and they will mail it to you.

Those particular hooks may be another case, though... But you could try and see what they say. If not you will eventually rack up a whole lot of ...racks.

Regarding the IKEA hooks. If someone could put one on a scanner, on the side, so one sees the S curve properly and in proportion. The I could create a 3D model of them and you could get them 3D printed.

Possibly not cheaper than buying a drying rack, but less wasteful if you aren't going to use the rack, and in better colours ;)