Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bjørn's Tesla Model S videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This guy told me he was inspired by my videos to make videos of his own:
Byrons Tesla Model S RoadTrip: Brussels - Paris - YouTube

Nowhere near as polished as your videos, Bjorn. Still, it's nice to see different use cases and different parts of the world. Interesting that Tesla doesn't seem to offer adapters for French charging stations. It took him a bit of searching to find one he could use. Here you can get adapters for pretty much anything; even CHAdeMO (soon).

I had only Schuko + SC available when I got the car. The blue and red adapters will be delivered later. I have seen one owner had his blue adapter already. So I wonder what's taking so long. I bought a Type2-Type2 cable from a 3rd party store so I have other options. But it would be nice to get the blue/red adapters so I have more flexibility. CHAdeMO will also be available soon in Norway, but for $1100. I want to get it too.

Nowhere near as polished as your videos, Bjorn. Still, it's nice to see different use cases and different parts of the world...

I have to agree though I don't want to be rude about the other video. Bjorn makes it look pretty easy (particularly to a non videographer- if that's the word- like myself) but clearly it is hard to make an entertaining video. I realize now that the shots of the car arriving or leaving (that cost lot of extra time) really enhance the enjoyment of the video. Always like the music too. I know that at some point when I get my car I will probably also want to make a video but it will probably be similar to Byron's work but in Canadian scenery.

I have to agree though I don't want to be rude about the other video. Bjorn makes it look pretty easy (particularly to a non videographer- if that's the word- like myself) but clearly it is hard to make an entertaining video. I realize now that the shots of the car arriving or leaving (that cost lot of extra time) really enhance the enjoyment of the video. Always like the music too. I know that at some point when I get my car I will probably also want to make a video but it will probably be similar to Byron's work but in Canadian scenery.
I've shot video since 2007 and have slowly but steadily improved over the years. If you look at my road trip video from 2008, you'll see that it's not that polished. I read a few books about video and photo. Basic rules like you shouldn't play with your zoom, 1/3 rule, light setting, sound and so on greatly improves the overall result. The shots of the car leaving, driving by and arriving is great as the in-car shots might be a bit boring in the long run.

I'd love to see videos from you and other drivers :)

Byron might want to invest in an external microphone (either clip-on or boom-style). I think that would improve his subsequent videos by cutting down on the road noise.
As far as I know, Byron was using a GoPro 3 which probably has an omni mic and doesn't support an external shotgun mic. I use a DM-100 myself for shooting and set it to either 120 or 90 degrees. I rarely use mono shotgun setting because I want stereo. But if I wasn't so lazy I would use my Zoom H4n sound recorder and clip microphone. Doing so will require syncing of sound and video from camcorder and sound recorder in post.

I use the H4n when I record voiceover though.

Bjorn, great videos. I'd love to see a how-to video where you went into behind the scenes detail of how one of these videos was taped, edited and produced, and the thinking and decision making that goes into each aspect of taping, editing, ambient audio, added audio, lighting, etc. BTW, I loved the pigeons. I raise homing pigeons as pets (I don't race them). The history of homing pigeons as messengers goes back hundreds or thousands of years, so it's cool that you too are a messenger of information and deliveries.

When we we see more videos Bjorn?
Very soon :)

I have heard about the trouble and read a little. But I haven't had the chance to experience it myself yet.

...he might still be back in Thailand with his fiancée...
Yes, my wife now :)

I guess he has given up on the videos eh?
Not at all. I just went on a very long vacation. But now I'm back in Norway and it's freezing cold. Good good! Time to challenge the Model S again! :D

Bjorn, great videos. I'd love to see a how-to video where you went into behind the scenes detail of how one of these videos was taped, edited and produced, and the thinking and decision making that goes into each aspect of taping, editing, ambient audio, added audio, lighting, etc. BTW, I loved the pigeons. I raise homing pigeons as pets (I don't race them). The history of homing pigeons as messengers goes back hundreds or thousands of years, so it's cool that you too are a messenger of information and deliveries.
Great idea. I thought about making some behind the scenes video too. But that would actually require me to set up an extra camera behind the first camera again. I guess I'll make it one trip.