TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Black on Black P AWD vs Any Colour on white with Non P AWD & $ savings

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by c_mkv, Jul 23, 2018.

?

Black on Black P AWD vs Any Colour on white with Non P AWD & $ savings

1. Basic black with black interior P AWD

13 vote(s)
    52.0%
  2. Any colour on white non P AWD + $ savings

12 vote(s)
    48.0%
  1. c_mkv

c_mkv Member

So with white interior I am now debating what to do...originally only planned on non P AWD(black on black w/o perf upgrade) but after 2 + years of waiting and getting really excited about actual options

2. Glamisduner

Glamisduner Member

if you have to ask i don't think you really think the p is worth it for your needs.

Otherwise, if this is not correct, get the black p with a white interior. it's only another $1500.

I was thinking white p with white interior no other options, vs white awd with ap and fsd and wheels. now I'm getting my white/white awd with wheels and white interior and fsd!

• Like x 2
  3. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Ok I voted but will write my logic down ..the white interior doesn’t make car faster :(...The P does ;)

4. alseTrick

alseTrick Active Member

For me P is worthless and black paint takes away from the lines/contour of the 3's body. So this is an easy decision for me.

That said, I'd have voted for option 3 if given the choice: any colour RWD with black seats +++ savings. :D

5. Snow Drift

Snow Drift Slip Start: [Activated]

If you can afford P, and want a real sports sedan, it is worth it over not.

6. ForeverFree

ForeverFree Supporting Member

+1 to Snow Drift.

But, get the color you want, too! After waiting two years to realize a dream, don't compromise it for $1K.

• Love x 1
  7. c_mkv

c_mkv Member

Ok thanks for the input all. My decision is now clear as mud. I’ve at least officially changed the colour from black to red.

• Love x 2
  8. jfrieden

jfrieden Member

I had an order in for a P3D like you (black on black w/o PUP). I test drove the RWD yesterday, and determined it's VERY fast as is, and the AWD will be even more so. I also realized the tires on the 18 inch are definitely lacking so I dropped to an AWD w/ white seats and upgraded wheels that don't cost $5k. I feel good about my decision, but I would say if you have the ability to do a test drive, that will determine it for you if it's fast enough or not.

• Informative x 1