TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Black premium interior vs black textile

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by irvineboy, Aug 19, 2018.

1. irvineboy

irvineboy Member

#1 irvineboy, Aug 19, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    I thought all model x have synthetic leather. So why have two options? What does premium mean? Isn’t it all synthetic?

2. irvineboy

irvineboy Member

How come the premiums options is already selected? You cannot unselect it like before?

3. DCGOO

DCGOO Member

4. Fellsteruk

Fellsteruk Member

The standard was textile and synthetic mix rather than the synthetic leather all over.

Textile wasn’t too bad actually but premium was nicer but about 3k for the premium

5. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Active Member

Model X currently available with choice of Vinyl (vegan leather) or True Leather. No more fabric since upgrade.

6. Fellsteruk

Fellsteruk Member

Is it different for US? I can see only textile or vegan leather “premium” online?

7. irvineboy

irvineboy Member

There is only textile or premium for the MX in the USA

8. Fellsteruk

Fellsteruk Member

So what’s the true leather option? I thought Tesla used vegan leather for everything even premium?

9. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

No true leather unless u get a 2016 model ..black premium is all vegan ..black textile has vegan sides and a textile in the seat and back ..in person the textile is not that bad looking

10. Yinn

Yinn Active Member

The change wasn't officially made until mid 2017, so there are some 2017 models out there with leather. With that said, if you go sit in a pre-AP2 Model S with premium leather and then go sit in a MX that supposedly has leather...it'll make you really wonder if they didn't start switching earlier.

Some of the earlier Model S's wear really nicely, the leather gets soft and starts getting grippy. I haven't seen a Model X yet that has started wearing like that; but that might just be because I haven't ran into one that's been highly utilized or old enough yet.

• Informative x 1
  11. Fellsteruk

Fellsteruk Member

Thanks for clarification.

Yeah the textile seats are not bad at all I test drove and MX with base seats and seemed good, considering the amount of textile material it does seem a little bit of a rip off to charge £3k for the extra faux leather material but I still paid it :( lol

• Love x 1