Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackout screen anyone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had this happen a few times, even while driving, which was scary at first. The screen just blacks out and restarts itself. The car still continues to run. But for a few seconds, it's completely blacked out and then the Tesla logo shows up and back to normal!

Yep, it the screen processor rebooting. Not required for driving.

I've had it reset when I get in the car a few times. You can still put it in drive and move, but it feels really weird not having any feedback except for forward motion when foot is on accelerator.

Lately, I've had the screen blackout while driving.

Attachments

• IMG_1290.jpg
    IMG_1290.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 50
You may have resolved this by now. I had the screen reboot every time I got in the car. Not during the drive but upon entry. Result: I had to get a new computer at the service center.

How did you get the service center to replace the computer? I had the same problem (well, similar, as it is "most" times, not "all" times that the computer is fully down when I get into the car), and the service center told me "wait for firmware 52.X as this is a known issue of the car sleeping too deeply".