Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackview camera install party this sunday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone who wants to join us is more then welcome. There currently are 2 MS installing the cameras and systems this sunday. I have all the tools needed including some specilized auto trim tools. Probably going for a lunch run after. We are near Newmarket for those intrested.

Just a word of caution. I was installing mine via the gap between the review mirror, and the moon roof, and ran the cables via the inside of the car, just under the moonroof, to the driver panel. During my install, i loosed the moonroof's water running cable (the tubes that take the excess water from the roof, and runs it down the side of the car). When I went to bring my car in for service, due to leaky water (i didn't know the cable was loose, just leaking water inside the car), i had to remove my dashcam cable, which made the situation worse.
The cost for them to disassemble my car, plug the hose/cable back in, and reassemble the car was $75.

The cable now runs right under the glass (between the headliner and the glass), to the side airbag, and up to the center column.

G'd luck everyone!

• Informative
Reactions: benjiejr
For anyone looking to buy we also found that Best Buy had them in stock in a lot of stores and the price was very good and no shipping.

Location is in a small town called Sandford, just outside of Uxbridge. Will PM anyone who is interested with the address.