TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Blackvue Installation in LA?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by ebfio, Jun 23, 2018.

1. ebfio

ebfio X 100D

Hi there,

I’m looking for someone to install a Blackvue 750 2ch on my X. Aside from Calibrated Customs (that are extremely booked), any other recommendation?

Thank you!

2. MelaniainLA

MelaniainLA Member

Wait and use Johnny at Calibred. Worth it. Clean professional work and they stand by their work.

Al & Ed’s in marina day Rey claims to do it but charges more, doesn’t come to you, and does a less “clean” install. Calibred install looks like factory!!

• Like x 2
  3. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

+1 Calibred

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  4. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

My next dashcams will be installed by Calibred Customs. The fact that they come to you is a real timesaver. Plus they do excellent work.

That said, give Reus Audio in Orange a call and ask for Cliff. He'll probably say no unless you decide to get a Reus upgrade (and maybe even then may decline, depending upon how busy they are), but it's worth a shot, and if they do decline, he may recommend a good shop, and you can take his recommendations to the bank.

• Like x 1
  5. ebfio

ebfio X 100D

Awesome. Looks like It’s better to wait... 10 long days :)

On that note. Anyone here using a hotspot inside the car? Any suggestions?

Another thing that’s stressing me is detailing the car. Any suggestions as well?

Thank you all!

6. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Wrap the front and ceramic the rest ...washing is a lot easier PM if u want good contact in OC

• Like x 2
  7. outie

outie Active Member

I use a Freedompop Netgear Unite hotspot that comes with free 700MB/mo + 500MB/mo friend bonus. The blackvue only used 100-200MB a month. I plugged it into my trunk cigarette outlet and leave it there. I only paid $30 for it from bonaza.com but the seller got kicked out of Bonaza. You might have to get from freedompop itself now. Maybe @K-MTG can give some suggestion.

• Informative x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  8. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

EA57A5D3-588C-401F-9610-E8D08F6B665E.jpeg 20859A35-A59C-4264-BD4C-F6CE8F9C0589.jpeg Here’s some pics from Calibred install today in X

• Like x 1
  9. outie

outie Active Member

Is that a special mount?

10. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Yes blend mount

11. outie

outie Active Member

That’s one expensive mount! What’s the advantage?

12. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

I got huge discount ....:oops:...only advantage is looks nice ... :eek:

13. MidwestMX

MidwestMX Member

Do they make mounts that allow both cameras to be under the rear view mirror? Will have one facing front and one back. And no I’m not an Uber. Plan on using it for a baby monitor when we pull in garage and baby is still sleeping so we know when she wakes up.

14. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

They don’t make mounts like that ..however they make cameras like this that will do what u are looking for BlackVue DR750S-2CH-IR 1080p Dual-Lens WiFi GPS Dashcam w/ Infrared Interior Lens for Front and Inside

• Like x 1
  15. MidwestMX

MidwestMX Member

Does the DR750S-2CH do that as well but just doesn’t have the infrared for night time? I’m not concerned about the night time visibility in the interior.