Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blind Spot [I want a chime for blind spot warning]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, that's not what I mean. People are used to a bright yellow warning light. That's what I mean. As @mswlogo says, many people do not like the current implementation which I believe is why this thread was started. I don't think anyone denies there is some lane-change warning system in place, it's just not at a level some people want it to be compared to what many cars already have. I do recognize that there are some owners perfectly happy with the current implementation as well. I think there's room for improvement.
Yes, the yellow light in the mirror is more familiar to people who have seen it in most other cars that have such a device, and the mirror is a place where someone is looking anyway.

Perhaps the only people who are used to seeing the camera display in the center screen like in Teslas are those who had Hondas with Lane Watch. The camera display does convey more information, but is in a place that is not the usual place to look.

Yes, the yellow light in the mirror is more familiar to people who have seen it in most other cars that have such a device, and the mirror is a place where someone is looking anyway.

Perhaps the only people who are used to seeing the camera display in the center screen like in Teslas are those who had Hondas with Lane Watch. The camera display does convey more information, but is in a place that is not the usual place to look.
Yellow lights in the mirror are totally useless. Beep when blinker is on and someone in my blind spot. Whole point is that you might not be looking in the mirror when you should be. Or bring your attention back to the mirror. I can see the yellow light just as easy as the person in my blind spot. So stupid.

My Chevy Volt has “true” blind spot with no beep, just the yellow light. It’s more useless than Tesla’s no beep until immanent collision. Yellow light with no beep is fine if blinker is off. It has great rear cross path though, that beeps. Surprised they didn’t put a yellow light in the RVM and eliminate the beep. My Jeep did it perfect.

No, that's not what I mean. People are used to a bright yellow warning light. That's what I mean. As @mswlogo says, many people do not like the current implementation which I believe is why this thread was started. I don't think anyone denies there is some lane-change warning system in place, it's just not at a level some people want it to be compared to what many cars already have. I do recognize that there are some owners perfectly happy with the current implementation as well. I think there's room for improvement.
There's always room for improvement. Looking for these ways is what engineering is (or should be). Upthread you specifically asked (paraphrased) 'why not put a yellow indicator on the MFD?' (though the term you used was "'virtual' mirror"). Given the yellow cast that the repeater cameras often seem to have, yellow on yellow might not be fantastically visible, and the moving bright red bits on the screen that are within your field of view when looking in the direction of the repeater view, I was pointing out that while not a yellow indication on the camera feed itself, there are visible cues within centimeters of the location you suggest in addition to the audible ones if you start to change lanes anyhow.

The yellow mirror light other cars offer is just as not-infallible as the sonar-and-camera-fed neural nets though. Even with all this technology here to aid me, I still check the mirror and turn my head to look where I'm about to be with the good old Mk. I Eyeball.

I would also love to see future revisions of Tesla's loadout include better cross-traffic sensors (both rear and front), but that feature much like the oft-mentioned 'birds-eye' camera view would require actual hardware changes including additional sensors in the correct spots in the car which are not currently present.