Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blindspot, Lanes Visual Missing on the display... huh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alright, couldn’t find this via search. I’m not big into knowing what’s in every release and currently I’m on 2019.16.2 (2018 M3 Performance, no EAP). There is a software update I’m doing as I’m typing this, so not sure what version it is and if it addresses this...

Edit: software update completed to 20.1.

Based on the current version installed while driving, the vehicle itself is bigger on the display and there isn’t any other lanes on the screen while driving on the highway or locally. I don’t see any other cars in the blindspot area, but I do hear chimes/sensors while parking etc.

Can anyone explain this? Is there a setting or something that is mistakenly off, the newer update will fix this, I’m screwed and it’s no longer available (lol)...

Sorry if I suck at searching and this has been discussed...

Last edited:
You might need either a hard reboot (hold both steering wheel scroll wheels until T logo pops up), or to go to the local Service Center.

You should see a smaller Model 3, lane lines (if multiple), and other gray cars when on a highway, or multilane road. The car zooms in when on local roads or not moving (D), or overhead view when parked (P), parking (D) or backing up (R).