Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to display trip/energy on front display ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This question is specific to the current MS . My old MS with AP1 and the portrait oriented 17” used to let me configure the left or right side of the front display to instantaneous consumption trip data. I always found this useful . It was my default view. I also found the tire pressure view helpful for when I needed to check.

I can’t figure out how to display trip and energy data on either side of the AP/FSD visualization . Is that not even an option ? From a search of conversations here from earlier in summer it appears the front display is not configurable (yet ?) it’s not clear anything has changed since then.

I’m yet to receive any software updates since I got the new ‘23 last weekend so I was hoping this would turn on after a software update. But it appears that’s not the case ?

The 2021+ MS LR/Plaid do not have options for the left/right side of the instrument cluster like prior generation vehicles. I'm not sure why this was done, but that's the way it is. My guess is they wanted more space for showing what the computer sees with the roads.

To get to the Energy display on the main screen, use the voice command "Open Energy".

• Informative
Reactions: suraj1194
The 2021+ MS LR/Plaid do not have options for the left/right side of the instrument cluster like prior generation vehicles. I'm not sure why this was done, but that's the way it is. My guess is they wanted more space for showing what the computer sees with the roads.

To get to the Energy display on the main screen, use the voice command "Open Energy".
Thanks! Yeah I get the feeling the M3/MY based focus on the main display has resulted lesser investment into the UI/UX of the front display. It's certainly a step back for me to not have the trip card, something I'm used to always seeing. Hopefully this will change in a future SW update.