Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blocked Charger!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This X has been here for over two hours. Cribbs causeway is a super busy charger and I really need a charge. Tried plugging it in but it wouldn't let me. No sentry mode and the Tesla store can't do anything apparently. Suggestions?
IMG_20191220_124636.jpg

No suggestions if Tesla themselves cannot do anything. I would just leave a polite note on their windshield so hopefully they do not do it again.

I do notice his charge port is open? Not sure how that would happen as if he was plugged in it should have been locked and not removable. Something is amiss.

I'm a bit confounded that you were able to open its port but not able to plug it in. That suggests - absolutely not definitively, though - that the vehicle itself has a problem and therefore it might be the case that the driver isn't being a complete....aah...unpleasant fellow.
That said, even were that the case I would say it's bad form to have left the vehicle blocking others from using the site.

Did you take a look at its VIN#? On this side of the puddle, I've noticed that most-recently produced Teslas have owners who are less fastidious in Doing The Right Thing than are older ones. A generalized observation, of course.

I'm a bit confounded that you were able to open its port but not able to plug it in. That suggests - absolutely not definitively, though - that the vehicle itself has a problem and therefore it might be the case that the driver isn't being a complete....aah...unpleasant fellow.
That said, even were that the case I would say it's bad form to have left the vehicle blocking others from using the site.

Did you take a look at its VIN#? On this side of the puddle, I've noticed that most-recently produced Teslas have owners who are less fastidious in Doing The Right Thing than are older ones. A generalized observation, of course.
I had to push on the other end of the charge port to get it to open. Should the port open when you press the button on the charger, even if the car is locked?
I like to think there must have been something wrong with the car because the alternative is to believe someone could be that much of an idiot.
Looks like the car left after about 4 1/2 hours anyway.