Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blue TACC maximum speed setting number

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

haroldo

Apr 20, 2021
NJ
On the top left side of the 3’s screen, there are three speed numbers; travel speed, TACC maximum, and the road’s speed limit.
Normally, when using FSD, the middle one, TACC, is either black, with the word MAX shown in blue, or both are dark gray (if FSD inactive)
Yesterday, while driving with FSD, the TACC number, and the word MAX below, were blue.
I was driving 70 in a 55.
Rolling up scroll wheel (speed increase) didn’t work
A mile later, while still in 55 speed limit zone, it reverted to normal, and I was able to scroll speed higher
Any idea what that was?

Thanks

When you say “FSD” do you mean FSD beta? AP (Autosteer)? TACC (doesn't steer for you)? When using Autosteer, that middle number with the word “Max” is the max speed the car will use when either TACC or Autosteer are engaged (it’s not just TACC Max)

On the top left side of the 3’s screen, there are three speed numbers; travel speed, TACC maximum, and the road’s speed limit.
Normally, when using FSD, the middle one, TACC, is either black, with the word MAX shown in blue, or both are dark gray (if FSD inactive)
Yesterday, while driving with FSD, the TACC number, and the word MAX below, were blue.
I was driving 70 in a 55.
Rolling up scroll wheel (speed increase) didn’t work
A mile later, while still in 55 speed limit zone, it reverted to normal, and I was able to scroll speed higher
Any idea what that was?

Thanks
FSDb 11.4.7 shows the max speed in blue when it enters a reduced speed zone but is "keeping with the flow of traffic". The car should have briefly put up a notification to that effect. It's a new thing that Tesla will probably have to recall.

Reactions: haroldo and Dewg