Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blue-tooth Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an older Model s 2013, and recently the blue -tooth seems to randomly stop working. during a call ill be talking to someone and i can no longer hear them, yet they hear me fine. I have tried adjusting the volume, rebooted the system, re-synced my phone etc...

Anyone have similar experience?

Took delivery of 2018 Model S last week. I drove a 2013 Model S for 5 years. Bluetooth is only working maybe 1 of 4 calls. Sometimes at the start or in the middle of my calls, people will either stop hearing me or say I sound: distorted, robotic or under water. Additionally I when someone calls and I answer on the touchscreen. The call picks up but I cannot hear them.
I do not wear an apple watch either (as some have suggested causes interference).
Never had a problem like this in the 2013.
Very frustrating for sure.

Took delivery of 2018 Model S last week. I drove a 2013 Model S for 5 years. Bluetooth is only working maybe 1 of 4 calls. Sometimes at the start or in the middle of my calls, people will either stop hearing me or say I sound: distorted, robotic or under water. Additionally I when someone calls and I answer on the touchscreen. The call picks up but I cannot hear them.
I do not wear an apple watch either (as some have suggested causes interference).
Never had a problem like this in the 2013.
Very frustrating for sure.

This is a known issue with iOS and Tesla. It should be solved when iOS 11.4 is released.

I have an older Model s 2013, and recently the blue -tooth seems to randomly stop working. during a call ill be talking to someone and i can no longer hear them, yet they hear me fine. I have tried adjusting the volume, rebooted the system, re-synced my phone etc...

Anyone have similar experience?
Yup... I had this issue last month then few firmware updates hit my car and few IOS updates on my phone. Not exactly sure what solved it though but I have not had this issue in a couple of weeks.

FYI: I did talk to the service rep and he said, if you have IOs already connected to apple watch and iOS trying to connect to the Tesla then it happens....