Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth media connecting while car is off?

How often does your phone connect to Bluetooth phone/media even when the car's off?

• Never

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Rarely

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Frequently

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Always

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

nitzmahone

Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2018
Portland, OR
I occasionally have an issue where the car's Bluetooth media/phone connections are active even while the car's off. I first noticed this while having trouble taking a call. If I check the Bluetooth settings, it'll show it's connected to the Model 3. Bouncing the Bluetooth connection has no effect, it'll connect right back up again within a few seconds. The issue tends to last for an hour or two, but I've seen it last up to four. If I go out and look at the car, there are no signs of it being awake (it's locked, screen/lights off, no fans or other noises, sometimes plugged in/charging, sometimes not).

I work from home, and sit ~ 5ft from my car 8-10h a day, and I notice this issue probably at least once a week. It also doesn't necessarily correspond with a recent trip- last week, I hadn't driven the car for two days when it happened.

Anyone else?

Right now my phone's bluetooth is connected to my Tesla. The car is parked in my garage and I am upstairs far away in my house. The car is locked. I have an Android phone, OnePlus 6. The Tesla app indicates that my car is "connected". The screenshot shows my phone's bluetooth connection. Many times I'm talking to somebody on my phone and I think the call dropped and figure out my phone audio is connected to the car, and I'm in my house with the car locked. Really frustrating. Seems like a simple thing. WTF would I want my phone audio to connect to the car with it locked?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181204-221207.jpg
    Screenshot_20181204-221207.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 106
Right now my phone's bluetooth is connected to my Tesla. The car is parked in my garage and I am upstairs far away in my house. The car is locked. I have an Android phone, OnePlus 6. The Tesla app indicates that my car is "connected". The screenshot shows my phone's bluetooth connection. Many times I'm talking to somebody on my phone and I think the call dropped and figure out my phone audio is connected to the car, and I'm in my house with the car locked. Really frustrating. Seems like a simple thing. WTF would I want my phone audio to connect to the car with it locked?

my oneplus 5 does this occasionally as well, so maybe it's a OP issue.

Im having the same issue on my Model S with 2018.49.2.1 firmware. it just started on this firmware level but also I got a new Phone,a Punkt MP02 which i believe has really strong bluetooth range.
Bluetooth in the car should definitely be off when the car is off.