Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth phone audio quality - mic upgrade?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MC408

Oct 1, 2018
CA
I know there are some other threads but can’t find a recent one and wanted to find out if any has had phone / Bluetooth quality in their model S.

I have a 2014 p85D and the phone mic or Bluetooth quality is horrible at freeway speeds and average at best at low speed.

Is this something that can be fixed by a trip to the SC or a live with it type of problem?

Bump. Nobody else having or had Bluetooth phone audio quality issues?

I read a bunch of folks complaining about it, I just want to make sure the SC was able to do something to fix it or not before I bring it in next week.

Any help is appreciated! Even if it’s something Tesla can’t fix, I would like to know ahead of time! Thanks!

I haven't experienced it myself, but a friend constantly complains about her brand new glass roof Model S. The SC told her it was a known issue and that they cannot fix it. Apparently, Model S cars with the sunroofs don't have as much of a problem.

• Informative
Reactions: MC408
I haven't experienced it myself, but a friend constantly complains about her brand new glass roof Model S. The SC told her it was a known issue and that they cannot fix it. Apparently, Model S cars with the sunroofs don't have as much of a problem.

Thanks for the info. Mine is a 2014 S with pano roof. People on the other end of my calls say it’s an unbearable background noise anytime I’m driving faster than 50 mph

Elon is definitely anti phone use in cars....this can be the only explanation for such crap engineering. My kids 05 civic can read texts and HEY GUES WHAT? if you set the scroll wheel for selecting recent calls it categorizes them by RECENT calls not alphabetically like the stupid tesla /end rant/