Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BMS_U008. First diagnosis rear drive train, now AC compressor?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I could definitely use some opinions here.

Tesla P90D Ludicrous, 2016. Bought it second hand, 1.5y ago. Half a year ago 12V battery replaced, total 120K km driven,

During our vacation from Holland to Slovenie, half way during the trip the car all of a sudden reported
BMS_u008 (reduced acceleration and top speed) and
BMS_w172 (Car might not start again).

Als we were half way during our trip, the car has been picked up by dutch road service and is brought to München Kirchheim repair service. We continued our vacation with a rental car. So car is in Germany, we are in Slovenie.

Tesla repair service first mentioned broken rear drive unit. (which is luckily still under warranty), and a 2 week repair time
For me this seems consistent with the error messages.

All of sudden, today got the message in the tesla app from the repair centre that the rear drive unit is ok, and the AC compressor needs replacement...
Does this make any sense??

For me this seams quite unlogical, so any views/help is highly appreciated...
Thnx!!

(yes, searched the forums on _u008 and this came up as well)

Hi all, I could definitely use some opinions here.

Tesla P90D Ludicrous, 2016. Bought it second hand, 1.5y ago. Half a year ago 12V battery replaced, total 120K km driven,

During our vacation from Holland to Slovenie, half way during the trip the car all of a sudden reported
BMS_u008 (reduced acceleration and top speed) and
BMS_w172 (Car might not start again).

Als we were half way during our trip, the car has been picked up by dutch road service and is brought to München Kirchheim repair service. We continued our vacation with a rental car. So car is in Germany, we are in Slovenie.

Tesla repair service first mentioned broken rear drive unit. (which is luckily still under warranty), and a 2 week repair time
For me this seems consistent with the error messages.

All of sudden, today got the message in the tesla app from the repair centre that the rear drive unit is ok, and the AC compressor needs replacement...
Does this make any sense??

For me this seams quite unlogical, so any views/help is highly appreciated...
Thnx!!

(yes, searched the forums on _u008 and this came up as well)
Did you ever figure out the issue and get it fixed? What was it? I have the same error now and the sevice center replaced the battery heater but also said that the AC compressor is also bad because it is getting am 83 mohm reading but I told them not to replace it yet. It works fine but they said it will likely cause as error but I don't want to replace something if it's not 100% going to fix the issues. Curious to know what happened.

Upvote 1
Did you ever figure out the issue and get it fixed? What was it? I have the same error now and the sevice center replaced the battery heater but also said that the AC compressor is also bad because it is getting am 83 mohm reading but I told them not to replace it yet. It works fine but they said it will likely cause as error but I don't want to replace something if it's not 100% going to fix the issues. Curious to know what happened.
They first fixed the battery heater (in Germany, during my vacation). When we were back in holland, issue came back again. Long story short, the rear motor was changed out (luckily a warranty issue). No problems ever since... (10K km further down the road)

Hope this helps

Reactions: Dreier
Upvote 0