Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BMW and other certified body shops

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Theres a few things you should know.

There are "Tesla Approved" Body Shops and there are now several "Tesla Body Repair Centers". The latter are operated by Tesla. The first are independent shops. If the BMW shop is not even on the Tesla approved list I would not go there.

Use this page: Body Shop Support

Use the search engine on that page to see if its listed. Or ask specifically if its a Tesla approved body shop. This means that their shop was at least trained in doing repairs on these specific cars.

If its a Tesla authorized body shop you should be OK - just make sure they are reputable. Look for reviews on Google, Yelp, etc. Also, if you have been offered the opportunity to have it done by the manufacturer you should probably have it done there instead. There is a Tesla body shop service center in my area that I did not know about (or maybe it just opened) that I wish I knew about. But ultimately I went with the best one on their list of authorized body shops in my area.

However, if its an alignment issue I would think Tesla should be fixing it directly. Thats not even body work - its a problem with the mechanics and it should be fixed at a service center, IMO.