Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BMW offers FUSC, kinda

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Funny
Reactions: JimmyB
2 years of free 30 minute EA charging sessions is table stakes for a non-Tesla EV. It's not even a selling point, it's the minimum you should expect.

True that FUSC was never truly "free," but we've gotten a lot of miles out of it on our older Tesla. If only it could supercharge quicker... 😅

2 years of free 30 minute EA charging sessions is table stakes for a non-Tesla EV. It's not even a selling point, it's the minimum you should expect.
Not sure I agree with that. I've never had an ICE vehicle that came with free gas for two years and I can't see why that would be any different with EVs. They are cheap enough to operate as it is.

It's also discouraging other potential providers from building charging stations if a significant number of vehicles get a free charge elsewhere. In the end I don't think it's in the consumer's best interest to be tied to one provider.

@UncleCreepy When my wife and I were car shopping recently, every EV we considered came with some free DCFC. Make of that what you will.

Glancing at the market now, Polestar 2, Mach-E, ID.4, Ioniq 5, i4, iX all come with some free DCFC. What serious EV *doesn't* come with it?

We still ended up buying a 2nd Tesla, so from that perspective Tesla was correct that they don't need to offer any amount of free supercharging anymore.