Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bolt or ball rolling under the carpet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are rear passenger vents under the front seats and they are wide open. Anything dropped under there can find its way inside the vent chamber.

I bought a pair of these to put over the vents to prevent this from happening.
Yeah, I actually had the cover in the first day of owning the car. I don’t hear the sound until last Friday. So I highly doubt there is something inside unless it ia already in there before I receive the car. But it that is the case I should have notice muxh earlier

Upvote 0
Hello,

I just got my model y within a month. I noticed when I accelerate or turns, there is something rolling around. I already clear out everything in the cabinet, but still Dan hear it. You can hear the ball rolling at 0:20
Yes, an extra bolt from the factory may be lodged in the floorboard of the car. Have the tesla dealership pull the seat and carpet from the car and look with a camera to see if the floorboard has a bolt rolling around. It can happen. Also, the floor vents can have small objects such as pencils, pens, lab vials fall down into the vent causing a similiar noise.

Upvote 0
There is a hack that involves using a leaf blower to retrieve the lost item. You direct high velocity air from the leaf blower into one of the floor vents on the opposite side where you have heard the marble etc. The loose item will sometimes be forced out of the other floor vent.

Reactions: Noflash
Upvote 0
Mine sounds like it's in the dash.
If the object is insie the dash board air vents it may eventually make its way into the housing for the evaporator coil and the cabin air filters. Then you could retrieve the object after first removing the cabin air filters. I don't know if using the leaf blower to move the object through the vent would help in this case.

Reactions: Noflash
Upvote 0