Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boombox/PDS with Taycan engine sound?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NHK X

Nov 18, 2017
Texas
Kind of a silly question some might question, but I happen to really like the "engine" noise the Porsche engineers created for the Taycan, is there anyway to get a similar sound for the PWS/boombox for our Teslas?

I really don't need input on why an engine noise is needed... for me, if a PWS is required, I could rather have the sound of the Taycan or something similar instead of our fake pod racer sound when backing up. An option to keep in on at all speeds would also be nice if we could port some sound into the car and have it react with acceleration.

If you aren't aware of the taycan sound, YouTube it. My neighbor has one and when it drives by it just sounds right.

Sure, it could be done. I personally switch between the Jetson’s flying car sound and the Scooby Doo background sound for my reverse sound. It’s easy to do. Just find the files online and put them on a flash drive. Then select those sounds in the Boombox and set them up for “driving sound”.

Sure, it could be done. I personally switch between the Jetson’s flying car sound and the Scooby Doo background sound for my reverse sound. It’s easy to do. Just find the files online and put them on a flash drive. Then select those sounds in the Boombox and set them up for “driving sound”.
Awesome, does it actually correlate with your speed and change pitch or is it just the exact same sound from the mp3? Would love if it could correlate with speeding up and slowing down. If you hear the taycan sounds amazing as it slows down.

Awesome, does it actually correlate with your speed and change pitch or is it just the exact same sound from the mp3? Would love if it could correlate with speeding up and slowing down. If you hear the taycan sounds amazing as it slows down.
No. It would just be an mp3/wav file that is played in your interior as you drive. To be honest, it’s not really worth it. The sound would also play when you are in reverse as it would replace the factory “UFO” sound. It’s kind of a silly gimmick and after hearing this I’m not sure you would want to waste your time on it!

Side note: I totally agree with you on the sound from Porsche being very cool. Did you see the recent movie on Netflix “Red Notice” with Dwayne Johnson and Ryan Renolds? There is a very funny scene where the Rock drives a Taycan…

Reactions: NHK X
No. It would just be an mp3/wav file that is played in your interior as you drive. To be honest, it’s not really worth it. The sound would also play when you are in reverse as it would replace the factory “UFO” sound. It’s kind of a silly gimmick and after hearing this I’m not sure you would want to waste your time on it!

Side note: I totally agree with you on the sound from Porsche being very cool. Did you see the recent movie on Netflix “Red Notice” with Dwayne Johnson and Ryan Renolds? There is a very funny scene where the Rock drives a Taycan…
Haha haven’t seen it yet but on the list!