Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boston Area Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
61DB8501-67BC-4C01-8CC9-8ED2E2953D1C.jpeg Received a call at 1:30 this afternoon asking if we could pick up our MY at 4pm today in Dedham MA. Apparently someone declined due to “financial reasons”. Of course I said yes.
LR/AWD/20” wheels/FSD/Blue-Black. See attached pic between a white MX and a blue M3.
Our timeline:
-Ordered 12/29/2019.
-Received text to complete “Next Steps” on 2/29/2020.
-Several conversations and confirmation of payment info, VIN (00045x) etc. with Tesla Las Vegas reps throughout March.
-Received text and call on 3/27/2020 confirming a 3/28/2020 delivery of a different VIN (00048x).
-Received a call later on 3/27/2020 stating the delivery was cancelled due to a crack in the glass roof and that the original VIN car that was still in CA was assigned to another buyer
-Made several calls to Dedham MA over the past few days asking politely but firmly for them to “make it right”.
-Happily surprised they came through and found one for us today!
-It’s beautiful. No defects that I could see. They detailed it (even ArmorAlled the tires). And the delivery guys were very helpful, friendly and they kept their distance

First time, long time,

Any other recent MY orderers from Boston waiting?

No VIN yet.

Original order was black exterior on 10/19, but updated to white on 11/4. Doubt it’ll make a difference in my wait.
MY
LR
Pearl white
Black interior
20” induction
Tow hitch
No FSD

Ordered MYLR, MSM, B&W, 19, no tow, no FSD on 10/11
Completed payment profile on 10/27
Assigned VIN 73,XXX on 11/8 (birthday of 11/6 according to sales advisor)
Left the factory on 11/9 (according to sales advisor)
Expected to arrive to the area on 11/21
Earliest pickup available is 11/23

Sales advisor at Tesla at the Pru has been super helpful in keeping me updated, making sure my paperwork is in order, and giving me relevant dates. Makes sense that it takes 12 days to ship from Fremont to MA. Should also be smack in the middle of the original 4-8 week delivery window.

Initially ordered a MSM with black interior on 19OCT and was hoping for a floor model MY to come up. SA said nothing came up at the end of the month, but has a new blu with white interior MY arriving this week and would be m ine if I wanted it. I jumped on it and picking it up this Saturday. VIN 69XXXX. Hope no major defects or misalignments.

Initially ordered a MSM with black interior on 19OCT and was hoping for a floor model MY to come up. SA said nothing came up at the end of the month, but has a new blu with white interior MY arriving this week and would be m ine if I wanted it. I jumped on it and picking it up this Saturday. VIN 69XXXX. Hope no major defects or misalignments.

Nice! How’d it turn out?

It was good for the most part.....minor gap issues that will hopefully get corrected during the 10DEC service visit...Did you get yours?
No dice. Still waiting but pretty sure our change of ext. color pushed us down the queue. Given how these cars seemingly get random updates here and there, we’re rationalizing the wait by thinking something new will be there when we are eventually matched. For example the recent news of auto-dimming side mirrors among other things.

That said, if we’re always waiting for the next thing, we’ll never get a car!

No dice. Still waiting but pretty sure our change of ext. color pushed us down the queue. Given how these cars seemingly get random updates here and there, we’re rationalizing the wait by thinking something new will be there when we are eventually matched. For example the recent news of auto-dimming side mirrors among other things.

That said, if we’re always waiting for the next thing, we’ll never get a car!
Exactly....I was bummed having missed the new updates reported this morning, but no regrets for having taken the delivery last weekend...loving every minute of it thus far!! If you want to wait, then I would wait for the center console update for Y, if not then just go for it....