Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Both charge ports opening…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have two gen3 chargers in the garage. When we had two MYP, you could walk up to one car, push the button on the wand, and the port would open. Then grab the other wand and repeat either the second MYP.

Recently I replaced a MYP with a MSLR. When I walk up to the MYP and push the wand button, both car charge ports open. So it’s kind of acting like the MSLR has a longer range on the charge port listener.

I’d much rather only the closest vehicle port open - not both.

Any thoughts?

Do you have a Gen 3 Tesla wall connector? If so I vaguely remember that there was a firmware version of the Charging Access Control that you can set up vehicles that can use wall connector.

Maybe shield connector with aluminum foil so it just points toward port you want to charge. Just Joking...

cone.jpg

When I used to actively help swap cables at work when we had more Tesla parking spots than wall connectors (they were 2nd revision of gen 1), whenever you pressed the button on the WC's handle, all the Model S charging doors in the area would open, even across the aisle. Was quite funny,

For the 3 (Y didn't exist yet), w/o the phone as key, you could only get the 3 to open its charging door by waking the car first (e.g. by tugging a door handle). After the 3 does its thing for awhile, then would pressing the WC handle's button would actually cause a 3 to open its charging door.

All of this was years before COVID.