Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MSP Charge Port open error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have a 2020 MSP and when I went to drive yesterday and error is posted on the screen "Charge Port Door Open". So I looked and it was closed. So I pressed the center console charge port button which said closed but still said open I tried the Tesla wall charger and it would not open when I pressed the button. It seems the the door mechanism is broke.

Can I drive like that? How do I get charged? I tried opening the door with my fingers which worked but it would not accept a charge. No lights at all on charger port. Tried reseting MSP and after that is still said charger port open even tho it was closed.

Not sure I have enough battery to get to the SC with is 90 miles away.

M

It does sound like it's broken. I don't see any problems driving with it broken, but being unable to charge will be a problem when you run out of power. It should be in warranty, so Tesla may be on the hook for a tow, but I'd let Tesla handle it and confirm they are paying for the tow. It's also possible mobile service can come out and fix it too. I'd set up a service appointment and ask for mobile service.