TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Both pedals pressed

Discussion in 'Model 3: Driving Dynamics' started by ozymandius100, Jun 16, 2018.

1. ozymandius100

ozymandius100 Member

lately, after sitting in traffic with my foot on the brake I have been receiving my the message that both petals are pressed. Have others seen this before. I am only in the brake petal. At the time.

2. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

It is easy for one’s foot to slide a little and be touching both pedals. I have had this a few times an I readjust my foot and all is good.

3. ozymandius100

ozymandius100 Member

Understood, but I wasn’t on both at the time.

4. gjunky

gjunky Waiting for the Model ☰

You can turn Creep off and you won't have to hold the break. Try that and see if you still get messages.

5. ozymandius100

ozymandius100 Member

I don’t use creep. Just old habits.

6. gjunky

gjunky Waiting for the Model ☰

Ok. Do you get any messages when you take both feet off?

7. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy ALWAYS IN LUDICROUS MODE! P90D>P100D Upgrade

The warning means your foot was on both petals! Simple as that, luckily the car detects that you have pressed both and disables the accelerator petal so you don’t accidentally accelerate, this is a safety feature!

However you should take this warning to heart as you seem to not realize your pressing both, maybe you need some different shoes etc. Obviously the last thing you want is to drive trough a wall by pressing the accelerator petal accidentally. Unfortunately we have seen many posts “unintended acceleration” in this forum which all boil down to user error / pressing the wrong petal. The worst part is they all swear they pressed the brake but this is impossible as described above if you press the brake petal the accerator petal is disabled.

• Like x 2
  8. novox77

novox77 1.21 Gigawatts

happens to me very infrequently. i think my foot is on the brake, but when the msg appears, I see that my shoe barely touched the accelerator. It doesn't take much. Just move your foot over to the left more. Remember, the brake is higher than the accelerator, so you may think your foot is only on the brake until you depress it a bit. at which point your shoe starts to touch the accelerator.

9. SDKoala

SDKoala RWD LR

Do you have aftermarket pedal covers?
    2pcs Car Fuel Gas Brake Pedal Cover For Tesla Model X Model S Model 3 2017 2018 | eBay

I noticed that I have more warnings that I pressed both pedals since installing them. The brake pedal gets completely replaced, but the accelerator pedal slips over the existing pedal, which brings the distance between the depressed brake and the non-depressed accelerator much closer together and makes accidental presses of both very easy, even when I swear I'm not on both pedals.