Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Both pedals pressed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The warning means your foot was on both petals! Simple as that, luckily the car detects that you have pressed both and disables the accelerator petal so you don’t accidentally accelerate, this is a safety feature!

However you should take this warning to heart as you seem to not realize your pressing both, maybe you need some different shoes etc. Obviously the last thing you want is to drive trough a wall by pressing the accelerator petal accidentally. Unfortunately we have seen many posts “unintended acceleration” in this forum which all boil down to user error / pressing the wrong petal. The worst part is they all swear they pressed the brake but this is impossible as described above if you press the brake petal the accerator petal is disabled.

happens to me very infrequently. i think my foot is on the brake, but when the msg appears, I see that my shoe barely touched the accelerator. It doesn't take much. Just move your foot over to the left more. Remember, the brake is higher than the accelerator, so you may think your foot is only on the brake until you depress it a bit. at which point your shoe starts to touch the accelerator.

Do you have aftermarket pedal covers?
2pcs Car Fuel Gas Brake Pedal Cover For Tesla Model X Model S Model 3 2017 2018 | eBay

I noticed that I have more warnings that I pressed both pedals since installing them. The brake pedal gets completely replaced, but the accelerator pedal slips over the existing pedal, which brings the distance between the depressed brake and the non-depressed accelerator much closer together and makes accidental presses of both very easy, even when I swear I'm not on both pedals.