Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Both Pedals Pressed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Currently going through the same issue with my model 3, I'm located in Orlando, FL. It seems it's happening to a lot of southerners in this thread, so maybe the extreme heat and humidity are a factor. I feel my car, in general, has been acting up since the weather changed. I've only tried rebooting (holding down both wheel buttons on the steering wheel) and pulling the acceleration pedal towards me. Neither has fixed it. I'm going to give the Chinese fix a try as mentioned in the thread and will report back. If not, I guess I'll be calling for an appointment.

Other issues though since the heat started getting extreme is the screen freezing a little more frequent and my phone deciding to not connect with my vehicle (so I can't cool it down before I need to go somewhere remotely which is annoying), but this is a quick fix and just requires a quick reboot (holding down both wheel buttons on the steering wheel). Luckily, I park in a parking garage so it's not as bad.

New solution from China owner, it was believed that high humidity is causing the sensor to miscalibrate. To re-calibrate:
1) Press the accelerator pedal hard few times when you are in PARK
2) Put your toe behind the pedal and pull it towards you few times

Many people report the issue goes away.
Source: 试驾理想 ONE
;Model 3 双踏板故障惊现治疗偏方 | 42 小数据

Interesting. I did this a few times (maybe not hard enough or sufficient repetitions) not knowing this recalibrates but did not make a difference. Would be great if someone can fix the car this way and skip the service visit

In Clearwater, FL. Can confirm that after a couple of weeks of getting progressively worse, did the Chinese recalibrate - 5 deliberate pushes of accelerator to floor and then pull towards you with back of foot - rebooted this morning and no issues taking kids to school and in normal commute. Seems to be back to normal

I have tried all of the suggestions but they didn't work. I live in St. Petersburg Florida. I have an appointment scheduled for 8/21. Others have posted about a sensor replacement so I am looking forward to that.

Tesla Service contacted me this afternoon about my scheduled service call tomorrow. They sent me a software update to 2019.28.3.1 to try. They thought it would solve the problem. I installed and it did solve the problem! All set!

Reactions: solodogg
Tesla Service contacted me this afternoon about my scheduled service call tomorrow. They sent me a software update to 2019.28.3.1 to try. They thought it would solve the problem. I installed and it did solve the problem! All set!

I got 2019.28.3.1 myself this afternoon about 4pm, and so far so good. Previously it would act up multiple times on the way to work, today not a peep. I'll report back if it occurs again, but keeping my fingers crossed that this update lowered the humidity for us :D

I got 2019.28.3.1 myself this afternoon about 4pm, and so far so good. Previously it would act up multiple times on the way to work, today not a peep. I'll report back if it occurs again, but keeping my fingers crossed that this update lowered the humidity for us :D

I can confirm this is true. I just upgraded to 2019.28.3.1 and it instantly fixed the error message "Both pedals pressed - Motor power removed".

I was just about to contact Tesla and report the problem when I realized I had a software update waiting for me. So I updated. And no more problem. It didn't require sensor replacements and it didn't require the "Chinese trick" of pushing the pedal.

Reactions: solodogg
Same here. No messages since 28.3.1 upgrade.

Does make you wonder what they changed? Did they actually fix anything or just change the sensitivity of the accelerator pedal? Still think there is a hardware issue somewhere just hope they didn’t mask it with a quick software fix.