Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bottom foot trunk filling with water

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

With the recent rain SoCal, my car started to smell like a wet rag. I checked the trunk and inside the bottom boot, the liner was soaked. I took my car into a service center and they quoted me 3k to fix it. They said water was coming through the right rear passenger window (the small window) and that I would need to replace the whole part/get new seals. I am out of warranty so I am wondering if I should take it to a body shop for a second opinion or just bite the bullet and pay the 3k.

Attachments

• 2D3CE99E-B5BB-411B-A37F-72A4359117BA.png
    2D3CE99E-B5BB-411B-A37F-72A4359117BA.png
    508.7 KB · Views: 134
A body shop can do the exact same work, and maybe even do a better job. If I needed body work I'd take it to my local body shop, as Tesla is 50 or 115 miles away depending on which one I choose.
I had a pickup pull into a parking space in front of my car several years ago and ended up pulling the front "grille" off of it. The local body shop had if fixed quickly and more cheaply than Tesla could do it, replacing all the clips and repairing it good as new. Nothing wrong with a body shop.

Reactions: kyleringram
Upvote 0
Reactions: kyleringram
Upvote 0