Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Water Damage from water on car floor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I left the right side passenger window open for an entire day. Unfortunately , we got a lot of rain during that time. A bunch of water came into the car. Luckily I have all weather mats , but still water did soak the carpet on the car floor. I have dried it out as much as possible with towels but there is more. The wet carpet is only in limited area. Should I have the car be checked by a technician for any damage ? I am paranoid if there could have been any water damage.

I left the right side passenger window open for an entire day. Unfortunately , we got a lot of rain during that time. A bunch of water came into the car. Luckily I have all weather mats , but still water did soak the carpet on the car floor. I have dried it out as much as possible with towels but there is more. The wet carpet is only in limited area. Should I have the car be checked by a technician for any damage ? I am paranoid if there could have been any water damage. Am I worrying for nothing ? Many people seem to have seen this but no advice :(

I left the right side passenger window open for an entire day. Unfortunately , we got a lot of rain during that time. A bunch of water came into the car. Luckily I have all weather mats , but still water did soak the carpet on the car floor. I have dried it out as much as possible with towels but there is more. The wet carpet is only in limited area. Should I have the car be checked by a technician for any damage ? I am paranoid if there could have been any water damage.
I doubt there is any damage, floors are designed with the expectation of getting wet. What you need to do though, is make sure it gets thoroughly dry. What I would do is pull the car into the garage, open the windows, plug it in, put it in camp mode and turn on the A/C. To make sure the air keeps moving, you might want to manually set the fan speed.

Last edited: