Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bought a MX last week. First experience with service didn't go well.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The auto presenting doors function isn't working properly on my car. The door cracks open, but never opens fully even with no obstacles in the way (light show does work though). I took it in, and they told me it would be in for 5 days. The next day, I was happy to hear my car was ready, but was confused when they said no issue was found. Sure enough, I walk up to my car, and the door opens only a crack. So I ask the technician to come out and show me what I am doing wrong.

He tells me this is how it works, the door is only supposed to open a couple of inches. I had to show him a youtube video of how it was supposed to work before he agreed it wasn't working as expected.

They are making it up by sending a mobile technician now to reset the 12v hoping that'll fix it. Fingers crossed. I'm not exactly filled with confidence when the techs don't even know how the car is supposed to work (or they were just hoping I'd go away)

I've read somewhere that no-USS MX models will not open doors fully until Tesla Vision software update that can measure distances to objects will be installed. I received mine 2 days ago in Europe, and doors open just a little too, I don't think that is by accident. I'm still awaiting for software update to have that Tesla Vision USS alternative.
Edit: I read it here: Model X door no longer open fully automatically without USS (ultra-sonic sensors)?

That's disappointing. It's not a big deal having to open my own door, but the techs need to be more informed on the cars. They even took my car back in and were researching the problem, but I had to leave and that is when they said they would schedule the 12v reset. Sounds like they are going to waste the trip here...

Reactions: AW9nineteen
That's disappointing. It's not a big deal having to open my own door, but the techs need to be more informed on the cars. They even took my car back in and were researching the problem, but I had to leave and that is when they said they would schedule the 12v reset. Sounds like they are going to waste the trip here...
I think they have 16v li-ion now or did I miss something?

Dunno. Like I said, I'm not filled with confidence in the techs knowledge of this car... the request says 12v though

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230331_180532_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20230331_180532_Tesla.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 76