Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bought a used 2015 90D from Tesla yesterday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is even more stupid is that I was being forced to pay the MD tax "in addition" to the CA tax. There's something called a "Reciprocity agreement" that handles these kinds of situations where if you paid more sales tax on a car in a state different than your home state, you can apply for a refund of the difference in your home state.

If Tesla had said, pay the CA sales tax because you're taking delivery here and you go figure out what the situation is in your home state, that would have been logical. The fact that I was expected to pay both taxes is 100% illogical. It's as if California is trying to say, "yeah we're CA, we don't give a $hit about other states or laws. My way or the highway".

Though, my understanding is that MD will not charge a sales tax as long as the sale is over 90 days old, except to the extent MD's tax is more than the other state's tax.

In the interim, I saw a video on the Tesla 90 which said that the 21inch tires have more blow outs and have bent rim issues and short life spans. So yes, that is not too practical. With more tread on pavement, I would think the 21s would have better traction, but specially in the corners. How much better than the 19s, and whether it is worth the aggrevation, are different questions. I gather some people put 19 inch wheels on in the winter. Kapone, please keep us posted on your experience.

I have been running 22'' wheels on a 2014 Audi A8L, originally came with stock 20''s. It depends on where you live and road conditions but I've had pretty good luck with them. You have blowouts and bent rims when you go cheap on tires and drive like a maniac. I drive like an ole man. :)

I have been running 22'' wheels on a 2014 Audi A8L, originally came with stock 20''s. It depends on where you live and road conditions but I've had pretty good luck with them. You have blowouts and bent rims when you go cheap on tires and drive like a maniac. I drive like an ole man. :)

I don't buy cheap tires, but I am an old man who drives like a maniac! :)

Good to know about this. I've never heard of this tax law and I was considering getting an S from San Diego and driving it back to TX. I guess that's out the window now. Is there a way to "use" this to make Tesla waive the $2k shipping fee?

Good to know about this. I've never heard of this tax law and I was considering getting an S from San Diego and driving it back to TX. I guess that's out the window now. Is there a way to "use" this to make Tesla waive the $2k shipping fee?

The will transport it to las vegas for free. You can pick it up there plus its closer to you. New tesla and a night of gambling, cant lose.

Reactions: cucubits