Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bought or sold a used Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You know those ads for used Model 3s that make it obvious that the owner is trying to sell it “at cost,” recovering every penny it was bought for? That made more sense when Tesla was highly production constrained, but now I’m wondering if this pricing is still on point—especially considering some of the ads I’ve seen are months old, implying they aren’t moving at the asking price.

If you’ve bought or sold a used Model 3 in the last six months or so, I’d like to hear how much it depreciated, with the end goal of having an informed opinion of current Model 3 prices on the used market.

To help de-localize data points, please consider posting a percentage where possible so we don’t end up confusing CAD/USD/other currencies. Thanks!

I sold my first Model 3, an LR RWD, just under 3 months ago. I sold it to a private party in less than a week. It was 5 months old at the time, but only had a little over 2k miles on it.

What I sold it for, plus the $7,500 tax credit, covered not only what I paid Tesla for the car, but also taxes and registration charges. It was like the first car never happened.

I don't expect everybody to do that well; I think I was lucky with timing. And the fact that Tesla made a great trade-in offer; coupled with my state's trade-in sales-tax credit, that put a neat floor under the price of the car for selling it privately.

• Love
Reactions: int32_t and Brando