Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BP/OPConnect charging in Hawaii

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a quick update - Sheraton Waikiki is still on the old BP chargers as of Christmas Eve. I was hoping Santa would come early and deliver us updated OpConnect chargers so I could charge there without the hassle of dealing with the valet people. They're always so busy that's its useless to try and ask them to go turn it on for you.

even when they do replace them, they will probably STILL be slow.

Quick update - the BP chargers in the Hawaii USA FCU main branch parking lot are currently being switched to two new OpConnect touchscreen models. Visited today and couldn't park in the stalls because the contractor was finishing up the install.

I walked past the downstairs EV charging stations at Ala Moana today. The charging stations have been changed over to OpConnect. Of course, there was an ICE parked in the stall. On the makai side of the mall, the two Volta stations are running but again, an ICE was parked in the stall. I was almost tempted to print up flyers to stick them on those cars, telling them that they are parked in an EV charging station and that by their lack of consideration, EV owners are not able to charge their cars. I figured guilt is a good thing. Or maybe I should have called Security to have the cars ticketed.

Or maybe I should have called Security to have the cars ticketed.
The grace period is over--let the ticketing begin! :mad:
correct me if I am wrong... I think you have to call HPD to have them ticketed and fined:biggrin:. the security guard at Ward (when I was ICEd behind Menchies), said there was nothing else he could do.:mad: (and his ticket was non monetary)

Here is what I sent from HPD Virtual Unit:

"You can call 911 and have an officer respond.

§291-72 Parking spaces reserved for electric vehicles; penalties. (a) Beginning January 1, 2013, any person who parks a non-electric vehicle in a space designated and marked as reserved for electric vehicles shall receive a warning.
(b) Beginning July 1, 2013, any person who parks a non-electric vehicle in a space designated and marked as reserved for electric vehicles shall be guilty of a traffic infraction under chapter 291D and shall be fined not less than $50 nor more than $100, and shall pay any costs incurred by the court related to assessing the fine.
(c) Any citation issued under this section may be mailed to the violator pursuant to section 291C-165(b). [L 2009, c 156, pt of §4; am L 2012, c 89, §3]

HPD/Virtual Unit"

I bumped into the asset manager for Ward today and mentioned about ICE cars parked in the EV stalls. She agreed it was an issue but then mentioned that the company just got a Tesla! Wish we had more time to talk, but she was on her way out.

I bumped into the asset manager for Ward today and mentioned about ICE cars parked in the EV stalls. She agreed it was an issue but then mentioned that the company just got a Tesla! Wish we had more time to talk, but she was on her way out.

I wonder if she knows her counterpart for Ala Moana. Perhaps she can convince them that they need to add more EV stalls. Of course, if the new EV bill passes, I'll be one of the first to report them for violations. I think it's shameful that AM only has the Volta station available for that whole place.

I wonder if she knows her counterpart for Ala Moana. Perhaps she can convince them that they need to add more EV stalls. Of course, if the new EV bill passes, I'll be one of the first to report them for violations. I think it's shameful that AM only has the Volta station available for that whole place.

Actually Ala Moana has 3 sets of charging stations. Two Voltas (one set upstairs by Genki Sushi and another by Makai Food Court) and an OpConnect (read slow and pay only) between Nordstrom and Hino Hairstyles.

She's with Howard Hughes who handles all the Ward properties. General Growth handles Ala Moana. My contact at Ala Moana left, but i'll try to figure out who the right person is. Has anyone been to the new chargers by the food court yet?