Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brake Caliper Bracket Bolt

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need a new Bolt for my Caliper Bracket. And no, I don't want to talk about it LOL. I have a late 2014 Model S AP1.

Does anyone know if there is a similar Make/Model that has a similar size bolt? Obviously, I don't need a "genuine Tesla" brand, but I do want to make sure it fits and is secure.

The parts manual shows "BOLT HF M12x1.75x45 [8.8]-ZnFl". I'm not finding an exact match. Any particular material it needs to be?

Is it this one? If so you will probably have to have a Tesla service center order one. Hopefully I will be at the service center in Pensacola next week if my parts come in and I will see if they have or can get. Seems extra hard to source in USA. Will PM you if I can find. Brake bolts are made from very hard steel for obvious reasons.

M

Screen Shot 2021-05-02 at 14.41.50 PM.png

Last edited:
I have not been able to reach out to them except thru the app. So I gen up a service request and tell them what parts I need. If you have a local SC just go down and talk to them. The folks there are much more helpful than any of the folks I can call at Tesla. Matter of fact Tesla $@&%^!&@^#s for customer service.

M