Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 8th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Balazs Biro, of the prominent Hungarian EV channel Villanyautósok, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Brake Caliper Bracket Bolt

kirkhilles

2014 Model S w/ AP1
May 3, 2019
Northwest Georgia
I need a new Bolt for my Caliper Bracket. And no, I don't want to talk about it LOL. I have a late 2014 Model S AP1.

Does anyone know if there is a similar Make/Model that has a similar size bolt? Obviously, I don't need a "genuine Tesla" brand, but I do want to make sure it fits and is secure.

The parts manual shows "BOLT HF M12x1.75x45 [8.8]-ZnFl". I'm not finding an exact match. Any particular material it needs to be?

Is it this one? If so you will probably have to have a Tesla service center order one. Hopefully I will be at the service center in Pensacola next week if my parts come in and I will see if they have or can get. Seems extra hard to source in USA. Will PM you if I can find. Brake bolts are made from very hard steel for obvious reasons.

M

Screen Shot 2021-05-02 at 14.41.50 PM.png

Last edited:

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC