Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free downloads for .STL speaker brackets etc for 3D printing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@RWAudio . Do you know if anyone has tried your adapters for the Kicker L7-8 in a model Y? Perhaps you are able to see if it maybe will fit with some photos I attached? Also added my «new» subwoofer to go with 750W @ 2 ohm Gladen amp.

Attachments

• 1000005715.jpeg
    1000005715.jpeg
    328.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 1000005708.jpeg
    1000005708.jpeg
    326.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3093.jpeg
    IMG_3093.jpeg
    579.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3091.jpeg
    IMG_3091.jpeg
    545.4 KB · Views: 7
@RWAudio . Do you know if anyone has tried your adapters for the Kicker L7-8 in a model Y? Perhaps you are able to see if it maybe will fit with some photos I attached? Also added my «new» subwoofer to go with 750W @ 2 ohm Gladen amp.
I believe the part number of both subwoofer drivers is the same, so my adapter should work in the model Y. I can't speak to if the factory amp would still have clearance, but it should (if you are using it of course). The kicker you referenced looks good but I'm not sure if that would fit my adapter. My adapter is designed around the L7T8 shallow mount subwoofer.

I finished my speaker swap project on my M3P over the weekend. Here's everything I swapped:

Sub: Skar SDR-8 D4
Front dash speakers: FaitalPro 4FE35 in the corners, 4FE32 in the center
Front door woofers: Dayton Audio SIG180 6.5" with RWAudio adapters
Front door tweeters: Dayton Audio AN25
Rear door speakers: FaitalPro 4FE32

What's still stock/what I'm not changing: Rear deck speakers, headliner speakers

I haven't had hours of listening time yet, but initial impressions of the current system are very strong. I'm not quite an audiophile, but merely an enthusiast and thought the OEM system was very good out of the box, but there's certainly room for improvement. My non professional thoughts are that the new system is fuller, richer, clearer and punchier. The Skar provides much more low end extension. The only other thing I might like to do is add a dedicated amp for the sub.

I was going to retrofit a center dash tweeter, however my dash has that hole completely filled in with plastic and I couldn't figure out a good way to cut it out with very little working area. I may still decide to go back in and figure something out, but we'll see.

• Helpful
Reactions: FatM3
I finished my speaker swap project on my M3P over the weekend. Here's everything I swapped:

Sub: Skar SDR-8 D4
Front dash speakers: FaitalPro 4FE35 in the corners, 4FE32 in the center
Front door woofers: Dayton Audio SIG180 6.5" with RWAudio adapters
Front door tweeters: Dayton Audio AN25
Rear door speakers: FaitalPro 4FE32

What's still stock/what I'm not changing: Rear deck speakers, headliner speakers

I haven't had hours of listening time yet, but initial impressions of the current system are very strong. I'm not quite an audiophile, but merely an enthusiast and thought the OEM system was very good out of the box, but there's certainly room for improvement. My non professional thoughts are that the new system is fuller, richer, clearer and punchier. The Skar provides much more low end extension. The only other thing I might like to do is add a dedicated amp for the sub.

I was going to retrofit a center dash tweeter, however my dash has that hole completely filled in with plastic and I couldn't figure out a good way to cut it out with very little working area. I may still decide to go back in and figure something out, but we'll see.
Hopefully you had more time with the sub. How's the sub with stock amp, what type of music do you listen too? I may try the skar sub.

Hopefully you had more time with the sub. How's the sub with stock amp, what type of music do you listen too? I may try the skar sub.
I'm still impressed and generally have the same thoughts as I initially did, which is that for the money and low effort needed, it is definitely worth it. For me, the biggest improvement is the low end extension and overall accuracy compared to OEM. Maybe slightly more punchy. Just don't get the Metra adapter, not an ideal fit.

I mostly listen to top hits and top country playlists, along with some hip hop, melodic pop (Lana Del Ray, for example) and rock (grew up on hard rock/metal, but don't listen to that as much these days). So a little bit of everything.

• Helpful
Reactions: FatM3