Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brake light on when I start to drive for first 30 seconds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SoCalDude

Life is good!
Apr 21, 2018
California
81267D19-2B6B-41C6-A9B6-E645F7A82F99.jpeg My brake light does not go out until I start driving for about 30 seconds into the drive. See pic. Also seems like I didn’t get much washer fluid. I will check fluids later 13019580-9F96-471F-909E-83912EFF5101.jpeg

Excellent car so far. Little annoyances is that the drivers door requires extra effort than most cars to property close. The frunk requires a lot of effort to get it probably closed.

Add me to the list of new Model 3 owners that is experiencing the low brake fluid and low windshield washer fluid alerts for the first 30 seconds after start-up. @RandyS -- has someone at Tesla agreed that a software fix is the solution? Is there anything I can reference (like a Technical Service Bulletin, if Tesla does that) to help make my call to Tesla Service easier?

View attachment 314624 My brake light does not go out until I start driving for about 30 seconds into the drive. See pic. Also seems like I didn’t get much washer fluid. I will check fluids later View attachment 314625

Excellent car so far. Little annoyances is that the drivers door requires extra effort than most cars to property close. The frunk requires a lot of effort to get it probably closed.

Old news

• Funny
Reactions: Hkbruin