TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Brake Noise

Discussion in 'Model S' started by scottflys, Oct 5, 2018.

1. scottflys

scottflys Member

When I release the Brake Hold the S makes a loud grunting noise. The car didn't do this a first and about 6 month ago it went in for service and a realignment and it started doing it.
    I had it in for service today and the Tech said it was normal.

So who's MS makes this noise?

Thanks

2. CaliMS

CaliMS Member

Mine makes more noise than I want. Not sure its exactly as you describe. I don't hear it when leaving a stop after hold was used.

I was in a driveway with a valet who did a 6pt turn around in my car. 5' forward, stop. 5' back, stop, etc... it was embarrassing all the noise every time it stopped & released.

3. aznkukuboi

aznkukuboi Member

Mine sometimes sounds like cruncy gears especially during autopilot.