Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Soft click noise on go pedal press from hold position

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess you're not really an MSP owner until you post up an issue right? I'm about 100 miles into my 2023 MSP ownership experience (picked up new a few days ago) and noticed this friendly noise last night while picking up the family from Burbank airport. I can replicate at will.

(not nearly as loud up near ear level)

I searched the forum and found a couple of Y and an older MS thread describing a similar noise. I personally bias toward not having any service tech mess with my car so wanted to survey the group in case there's a known fix.

TIA!

It sounds almost like a relay or servo click to me. I checked my 2023 MSP, and it does not make any click that I can detect. I would probably have Tesla look at it; if it is a relay starting to go bad, it may leave you incapacitated at the worst time. I don’t think I would let any accelerator anomaly go unchecked.

Joe

Reactions: bkcyk
It’s definitely coming from the brake releasing from a hold and hitting a stopper of some type I conjecture.

I can kinda go, stop, go and the noise varies, but it’s a soft noise barely audible.

I can live with it. I actually have an innate distrust of service techs and bias toward leaving stuff alone especially factory new so it looks like I have a fun ride ahead. Danke.

I guess you're not really an MSP owner until you post up an issue right? I'm about 100 miles into my 2023 MSP ownership experience (picked up new a few days ago) and noticed this friendly noise last night while picking up the family from Burbank airport. I can replicate at will.

(not nearly as loud up near ear level)

I searched the forum and found a couple of Y and an older MS thread describing a similar noise. I personally bias toward not having any service tech mess with my car so wanted to survey the group in case there's a known fix.

TIA!
Do you also feel the brake pedal is kinda soft? My new MYP does the same thing and my M3P did not have this at all. But the only other difference for me is that the brake pedal on the M3P was much harder and sensitive than this one.

Do you also feel the brake pedal is kinda soft? My new MYP does the same thing and my M3P did not have this at all. But the only other difference for me is that the brake pedal on the M3P was much harder and sensitive than this one.
I won't steer you wrong with some feels anecdote as I use the brakes infrequently w/ no basis for comparison since this is my first Tesla. The noise is much quieter in person. It's a "feature" I can live with rather than have some random Tesla tech mess with my new car.

I was hoping there was another 2021+ MSP owner that had a quickie fix or something. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Does it vary with how aggressively you hit the accelerator? Is it louder/more noticeable if you romp on it vs easing into it? I haven't heard a click in my 2022 MXP (though I always have music on) but if I press the accelerator quickly from a Hold there's like a little hitch which I believe is a (very) small delay before the brakes release from the Hold state. It's like the car starts to pull against the brakes before they are released. If I ease into the pedal I don't feel it - presumably because the brakes have time to release before the car starts to accelerate.