Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brake pads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you.......
and the rear pads?
Don't need any special tools for the rear pads, those just slide out. You just need a buddy to be in the driver's seat and either put the car in Tow Mode or shift into Neutral while you unplug the rear parking brake harness. This allows you to unbolt one or both of the bolts that hold the parking brake assembly over the pads so you can rotate it or remove it. Then you can easily access the brake pads. This is on the non-Performance trims. Not too sure on the details of the Performance.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
Upvote 0
I replaced my pads at 39 months (around 65,000 miles) because two of my pads were separating. The friction material in two of my front pads was separating from the metal backer and I decided to replace them even though they still had A LOT of life left based on the thickness. If there were no physical issues they would probably last 200,000 miles. I replaced them all with NRS galvanized brake pads, which are also put together in a way that they friction material will not easily separate from the metal backer. Cost $158 for the fronts, $158 for the rears. Still going strong today at 146,000 miles and will likely never have to replace them again.
Great to hear, as I too have the 2018 Model 3.

Upvote 0
I replaced my pads at 39 months (around 65,000 miles) because two of my pads were separating. The friction material in two of my front pads was separating from the metal backer and I decided to replace them even though they still had A LOT of life left based on the thickness. If there were no physical issues they would probably last 200,000 miles. I replaced them all with NRS galvanized brake pads, which are also put together in a way that they friction material will not easily separate from the metal backer. Cost $158 for the fronts, $158 for the rears. Still going strong today at 146,000 miles and will likely never have to replace them again.
its crazy how long our brake pads can last if no defects arise. Even my Prius with 333k on the clock has original pads.

Upvote 0