Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brake pedal arm covers available? (not pedals)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yah, one thing to consider will be something that is fitted or bonded, not some clip on item. Worse case scenario is that clip falling off and create a stuck scenario where it gets lodged or something just when you need to hit the brakes due to whatever regen issue.

It would show the weld but you are on to something! thanks for the idea
Along the same line, there is self-fusing Silicone tape. It's a bit thicker than shrink-wrap and might hide the surface defects better, and no need for heat. Another possibility might be "split loom" of an appropriate diameter. Maybe a bit more finished in appearance but not sure how well it would resist slipping off in use though.

I can see how my wife noticed this. It's reflective and clearly visible through the spokes of the steering wheel.
She's not mechanically inclined at all and simply noticed how ugly it is.

Two piece side/side stamping and stitch welded (which is fine) but everyone else does a forged arm or stamping top/bottom to hide the seams, leaving a nicely finished product.
Interestingly, the Model S went with a top/bottom stamping for a finished look. I'm guessing this is purely a cost savings in cheaper stampings.

You guys got my brain going so I think I have a nice solution to safely clean that up for her.

Reactions: Silence88