Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

brand new Model YLR bluetooth connectivity issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took delivery on new Austin built MYLR on saturday. Everything works great EXCEPT the bluetooth is not connecting. It is 'stuck' on initializing screen and won't move past it. Tried a scroll rest and the standard tricks. Tesla is supposed to send me a firmware update to see if that fixes the problem. Anyone encounter that problem or have any idea what might be the issue for this. The infotainment seems to work otherwise, just can't get bluetooth to connect or move past initializing!

Just want to share with U guys/girls my Bluetooth connectivity issue

Brand new 2023 Fremont-made MYLR . picked up in late Nov in Cherry Hill NJ. After a month, the Bluetooth connectivity was in and out, more out than in, 2 days after that it was no longer working. Tesla Service center tried to give it a CPR over the air without success so I had to bring it in today Dec.30.2022. It turned out it's not a software issue. They had to replace a brand new MCU (Media Control Unit) where the BT is embedded in it. Part No. 1684435-S0-G. I did Google search and learn that this Bluetooth issue is NOT uncommon with Tesla, especially the MCU.

Your issue may not be the same, but this Bluetooth issue is Not uncommon. Back to normal now.

Happy New Year to U all

• Helpful
Reactions: Noflash
Thought I would revive this older thread rather than start a new one since it seems relevant to my bluetooth issue. I have only had my 2023 Austin built MYLR for a few weeks. Something isn't working correctly in bluetooth.

The service manual covers connection for Apple phones. I feel somewhat left in the dark on what to do to make it work again with my android phone. I managed to connect the phone initially and could take phone calls wirelessly using my android moto mid tier phone. FYI I connect to other bluetooth devices all the time with no issue.

The MCU imports my contacts but does a similar screen freeze as described above when I attempt to connect it for voice over the system.. Will not connect to take calls any longer.

I'm thinking maybe this afternoon I'll try a system reboot. Any other suggestions? Hoping to avoid a service ticket on this.

Thought I would revive this older thread rather than start a new one since it seems relevant to my bluetooth issue. I have only had my 2023 Austin built MYLR for a few weeks. Something isn't working correctly in bluetooth.

The service manual covers connection for Apple phones. I feel somewhat left in the dark on what to do to make it work again with my android phone. I managed to connect the phone initially and could take phone calls wirelessly using my android moto mid tier phone. FYI I connect to other bluetooth devices all the time with no issue.

The MCU imports my contacts but does a similar screen freeze as described above when I attempt to connect it for voice over the system.. Will not connect to take calls any longer.

I'm thinking maybe this afternoon I'll try a system reboot. Any other suggestions? Hoping to avoid a service ticket on this.
Back then, I tried everything that I could think of and tried all suggestions from Tesla Pros.
Finally took it to a local Tesla service center. They detected a defective MCU. They replaced it, it's been 5 months and still working great

Reactions: starise
I'm really hoping it's some kind of a reset issue or my phone. I have yet to do a hard system reset. I plan to give that a try. Then maybe I'll see if my wife's phone is having the same issues.
I was attempting to connect CarLinkit which may or may not have created or contributed to the issue. That seup is horrible with android phones if you try to use the phone as a hot spot.. Seems to be more of an apple product. I sent it back, but since I was into the wifi and bluetooth who knows? I believe I have everything set back to original settings other than my phone.