Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand new MSP or 2022 MSP - which is the better deal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. I'm from Canada and I ordered a MSP in red a few weeks ago with the 19" tempest wheels and basic autopilot which will cost me about $135,000 (CAD) all in.
I saw a listing for a 2022 MSP 17,000 kms also in red with 21" arachnid wheels and FSD which I could get for about $115,000 (CAD). Which is the better deal?

Also how much difference is there between 2022 MSP and 2023 models?
Appreciate any advice

You're right, it is the old red. I'm with you on the tires, I would prefer the 19". I'm just wondering if the 2022 model is a good value vs brand new
For me, the tires are no small thing. I would have to add in the price if purchasing nes 19” wheels and tires before considering the relative value. As I’ve mentioned previously, the savings from not replacing 21” tires every 9,000 miles on my curved 85D is paying every cent of the purchase price of the Model S LR I currently have on order.

Adding to that the report which came out today of the “non-effect” of Supercharging on battery degradation and Tesla letting me have FUSC on the new S…. Absolute no-brainer upgrading to the new car.

Hi all. I'm from Canada and I ordered a MSP in red a few weeks ago with the 19" tempest wheels and basic autopilot which will cost me about $135,000 (CAD) all in.
I saw a listing for a 2022 MSP 17,000 kms also in red with 21" arachnid wheels and FSD which I could get for about $115,000 (CAD). Which is the better deal?

Also how much difference is there between 2022 MSP and 2023 models?
Appreciate any advice
Here is how I would evaluate. Just make sure its not a 2022 VIN with manufacture date < Feb 2022. Because that is actually a 2021. Where the screen doesn't swivel and doesn't have the new matrix head and tail lights.

2022 cons:
HW 3
less warranty
21" wears faster
Red multi coat ( I personally prefer Ultra red). Might not be a con for you.

Pros:
USS
Only pay 5% Federal tax in Canada.
No luxury tax or PST on used EV ( this is for BC)
Low km
FSD

2023 cons:
Fed + PST + Luxury Tax
Destination fee and other additional fee
No FSD (since you're not purchasing it)

Pros:
Better brakes
Longer warranty
Higher resale value
No T badge on the trunk
Ultra Red!!

If money is not an issue I would go with the 2023 MS.

Some additional benefits which are not officially confirmed.

The plaid is getting new seats.

Chance of getting a 2024 VIN

Possibility of Ambient lighting

Reactions: SilverGS