Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BRAND NEW MX trip to the River - OC to Laughlin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for all of you TESLA MX lovers. Just picked up my MX the other day, its the Deep Blue Metallic with Ultra White. It has a full PPF expel wrap and Ceramic Coat. It has less than 100 miles on it now, and I was really thinking about driving from the OC to Laughlin to take the boat out for the week.

Pro's: Nicer drive than my ICE Navigator
No gas cost, as super chargers are close by
It can tow or should be able to tow the 21ft boat with no issue ( less than 5K lbs)

Con's: Putting 450 miles (round trip) on a brand new car
Driving through the desert with the car (Full Wrap though)
Taking Car to a place that doesn't normally see Tesla's.

I know in my head probably not the best decision, but I did buy the car to be my daily driver, but I am also one who likes there car's kept in great shape.

Any input/opinions are appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_2232.jpg
    IMG_2232.jpg
    422.7 KB · Views: 85
Im in oc too picked up my blue/white mx 2 weeks ago. Great color combo., congrats! Already took my first road trip last week. Covered in bugs, dust, bird sh*t and tree sap.

Let me know how towing works out im interested in the wh/mi. A lot of superchargers along the 15 but im not sure about the turnoff to laughlin.

@Chad.smith528 ....be careful driving west on i10 from the river ...headwinds will kill battery from Indio to cabazon ...You will easily use 1% per mile on P100D driving around 75...if u go via I40 same thing :eek: ...but agree with others drive the car !!!

You have the car wrapped - now go drive the electricity out of it! I’m a care but, and meticulous about my cars, and just got from a Bay Area to Yosemite trip with my family.

Fit two car seats (and kids in them), wife, my parents, and all our luggage for four days, including a yeti 45 cooler, and we were all super comfortable.

Car was a champ, autopilot (I keep dismissing the nag upgrade), supercharging was easy, and didn’t spend a dime on gas onthe 400 mile trip.

Best of all, driving around the heaven that is Yosemite, I was unexpectedly quite proud that I wasn’t immediately contributing to polluting the air.

Go drive.