Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bricked on Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery round 2 on track for tomorrow at 2pm. Anything you guys would try to ensure before delivery? Worth emailing the OA to ensure the X has the latest software with 351 range?

I called twice to insure mine was an actual LR+. Then 2 more people told it was when I arrived.

It read 295 miles at 100% during delivery and I accepted it anyways. :confused:

It was update 2020.8.1.1 (not 2020.8.1) that actually pushed it to 353 miles.

Do they let you inspect the day before?

Depends on your OA. Sometimes they do, sometimes not. Worth asking since it saves everyone time.

They usually do not let you drive the car. However, you should be able visually inspect interior/exterior. Ask your OA if you can stop by for 15 minutes and run through a check list. A Tesla employee doesn't need to sit with you while you do it. Anything you find, pass to OA and have them try to fix before delivery.

Sent an email to see if they’d be willing to do an extra thorough pre-delivery inspection today and ensure software updated to reflect LR+ mileage. Offered to come inspect myself if they’d like. Will see what Halle a.

To clarify, what I am describing is that you physically go to the SC and you inspect the car the day before delivery. This will save you time on delivery day and give them a chance to fix issues that you find.

To clarify, what I am describing is that you physically go to the SC and you inspect the car the day before delivery. This will save you time on delivery day and give them a chance to fix issues that you find.

Absolutely, I hear you and appreciate that advice. It’s an hour for me and I’m def willing to do it. Just don’t wanna get there and then tell me I can’t inspect it. Will see what they say back.

I got my Tesla Model X Raven Performance drove off the lot rolled the window down and it wouldn’t go back up lol. Called and tried to drive back onto the lot they told me I have to either do a return or schedule a service. 3 window services later it still doesn’t go up every now and then...I gave up on the window.

400 miles in the power steering completely gives out. Cars a tank you couldn’t move the steering with all your strength, had to have it towed.

1100 miles, center passenger seat won’t move forward lol. This one took two visits and well it still doesn’t work like the driver side. Living with it.

1600 miles passenger front door won’t close even with force, this one they fixed in a day have to give them that.

I am not even listing the small problems it has that I perform hard resets to fix myself lol, like the sound going out, the Bluetooth not working, and so on.

Car currently has 3000 miles on it. I honestly don’t care at the moment it has problems since I’m fighting cancer and that’s overwhelming my thoughts. The wife loves it since all 3 kids fit easily with child seats. When the car is down however all hell breaks loose at the house since we can’t leave the house since our other vehicle doesn’t fit 3 car seats.

I tell the service advisor does the problems ever stop? He replies “think of it this way, you are fixing everything while it’s under warranty.” Everyone at Tesla is super nice, makes things a little easier.

I got my Tesla Model X Raven Performance drove off the lot rolled the window down and it wouldn’t go back up lol. Called and tried to drive back onto the lot they told me I have to either do a return or schedule a service. 3 window services later it still doesn’t go up every now and then...I gave up on the window.

400 miles in the power steering completely gives out. Cars a tank you couldn’t move the steering with all your strength, had to have it towed.

1100 miles, center passenger seat won’t move forward lol. This one took two visits and well it still doesn’t work like the driver side. Living with it.

1600 miles passenger front door won’t close even with force, this one they fixed in a day have to give them that.

I am not even listing the small problems it has that I perform hard resets to fix myself lol, like the sound going out, the Bluetooth not working, and so on.

Car currently has 3000 miles on it. I honestly don’t care at the moment it has problems since I’m fighting cancer and that’s overwhelming my thoughts. The wife loves it since all 3 kids fit easily with child seats. When the car is down however all hell breaks loose at the house since we can’t leave the house since our other vehicle doesn’t fit 3 car seats.

I tell the service advisor does the problems ever stop? He replies “think of it this way, you are fixing everything while it’s under warranty.” Everyone at Tesla is super nice, makes things a little easier.
Knock on wood all is good with my Raven P100D, but that being said I still bought the extended warranty service (ESA) for $5300 USD. So far have driven 10k miles out of the 100k mi/8yr bumper to bumper total warranty I’m good for....after 50k mi its $200 per service visit which can be a list of issues to fix for that fee. TBH the shudder issue alone knowing before I took delivery is why I bought the ESA. Currently have shudder since 5k miles

Reactions: Alex310
Round 2 delivery went much better. Car looked great on inspection, both inside and out. Software was up to date and said long range plus on badging. Car only charges about 85% so not sure of full range, but estimate 350-ish.
Once the car was marked as delivered, we held our breath but no bricking this time.
Only issue is that despite the car getting a message that said “premium connectivity now active”, slacker radio not working. Tried a reset and after that we got the maps to show satellite view with traffic patterns, but when you clicked “use Tesla account” on slacker, says an error message.
Suspect we may need to call Tesla, but we will see if it starts working soon.