Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bridgeston Potenza P04 Save Our Lives

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Kandiru

Oct 20, 2014
USA
Listings
Ohio SR 16
mile marker 27.60River Road (TR 131) no re-entry exit

Four lane 70mph divided highway Dublin to Newark around 11PM on Saturday night tired after two soccer games and an long night at Dave and Buster's,
when navi. tricked me into taking the River Road exit to reach our hotel in Heath OH (usually I check ahead but was too tired to notice that taking the next
exit would have guaranteed smooth sailing S onto the cloverleaf interchange pattern exit connecting to Rte 13).

So we are moving with the traffic around 80mph looking for the River Road exit hard, when suddenly a small sign appears at the very last moment and instantly a very sharp indent into the lane marker showing an exit is there. I moved into it and within a fraction of a second I am looking at trees🚧 with feet only to enter a right angle turn, luckily I had already released the gas and let regen work just before I started exiting. Reflexes kick in, brakes slammed hard, car really grips the road insanely and then instinctively released the brakes at the very end of the turn in point, then immediately applied acceleration to oversteer me into the turn and remained on the road exiting the turn riding the left lane marker.

My son was asleep and it all happened so fast, at the end i stopped and prayed. He thought waking up from his sleep that he was dying as this seat belt tensioned very hard while braking. We hugged and continued to drive 12mi at 20-30mph on the farm roads avoiding possums and deer grazing the side of the road actually standing on it.

Three conclusions:

1. We are paying taxes but exits like that still exist off a 70mph roads without a sharp right turn warning sign, and no light pole above the right angle turn in the exit for drivers to see.

2. Thank you Bridegstone, and no more whining about having to replace tires every 10k miles. They are soft but they are glued to the road. P04 for summer tires every time for a long time.

3. No see no go, the old rule applies every time, I will never again drive into the darkness again just because it is an exit.

Honestly, it was the first time I came upon anything like this in my 30 years in the good 'ol 🇺🇸

Last edited:
Reactions: JHCCAZ