Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bridgestone - POTENZA RE980AS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had them for 2 weeks and had around 400 miles on them. I couldn't take the noise and the big hit in power consumption, so I took them off and put my snow tires (on dedicated wheels) back on. I bought them from Costco and they allowed me to exchange them for a set of Michelin Pilot Sport AS4 which took another 2 weeks to arrive.

The Potenza sounded like there's a swarm of bees constantly following me, from around 30MPH and up. When they were first put on, I thought the noise was coming from the cars around me, like a Jeep Wrangler or pickup trucks with those big tread offroad tires, only there were no such vehicles around me lol. They seemed to have gotten even louder than at first. Power consumption wise, what used to be right under 200Wh/mile on a local round trip I've taken hundreds of times with the stock Michelin 18" Primacy, the Potenza was over 250Wh/mile.

I put about 500 miles on the Pilot Sport AS4 before I once again put my snow tires back on. They are quiet, as quiet as the stock Primacy MXM4 was. At first, they also seemed to take a 20% efficiency hit, but seemed to have improved. Can't say for certain because the weather is getting cold requiring the use of heat in the car.

Either of these tires noticeably improved handling over the stock Primacy MXM4. However, I thought the Pilot Sport AS4 gave even sharper steering response than the Potenza.