Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bridgestone Potenza Sport AS 235/35R-20" vs 245/35R-20" for M3 perf.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just bought a 2023 Model 3 Performance. Came with the 20" uberturbine with Pirreli summer 235/35R20". Since I'm in the Northeast, I am looking for a good all season tires that
a. Keeps the performance driving aspect same
b. keep the quietness same as current.

Still in research mode and reading many threads, posts, reviews, fb groups on many of the recommneded All season tires: Michelin cc2, Extreme contact dws, falken FK460 AS, Hancook ION EVO, Michelin all season 4 etc etc. Kind of losing my mind haha but I know I'll figure it out eventually. I started seeing this new Bridgestone tire showing up for m3p. Has anyone tried this? I am a big time Bridgentone fan and would love to know what's everyoens input.

Also, am I seeing this wrong? does the 245 looks to be $100 cheaper than the 235s? Can I just mount the 245s/35R 20"?

m3p tires.png

I just bought a 2023 Model 3 Performance. Came with the 20" uberturbine with Pirreli summer 235/35R20". Since I'm in the Northeast, I am looking for a good all season tires that
a. Keeps the performance driving aspect same
b. keep the quietness same as current.

Still in research mode and reading many threads, posts, reviews, fb groups on many of the recommneded All season tires: Michelin cc2, Extreme contact dws, falken FK460 AS, Hancook ION EVO, Michelin all season 4 etc etc. Kind of losing my mind haha but I know I'll figure it out eventually. I started seeing this new Bridgestone tire showing up for m3p. Has anyone tried this? I am a big time Bridgentone fan and would love to know what's everyoens input.

Also, am I seeing this wrong? does the 245 looks to be $100 cheaper than the 235s? Can I just mount the 245s/35R 20"?

View attachment 984039

What tires did you end up buying and how are they? Especially with respect to tire noise?

I know this thread is a bit old but relevant for anyone searching for info about these tires.

I just got a new set of the Potenza Sport AS installed at Costco, in OE size 235/35R20. Beware these tires are much narrower than the Michelin PS4S. They provide NO rim protection whatsoever and in fact looked quite stretched on the factory performance wheel. If I were to do this again, I would order the 255/35 size which is not only cheaper but it would being the width to about what the 235/35 Michelins were. I don’t think Costco will install non-OE sizes so you might have to do TireRack and have them installed elsewhere. Shame I can’t just return these tires now I’m stuck with them.

I know this thread is a bit old but relevant for anyone searching for info about these tires.

I just got a new set of the Potenza Sport AS installed at Costco, in OE size 235/35R20. Beware these tires are much narrower than the Michelin PS4S. They provide NO rim protection whatsoever and in fact looked quite stretched on the factory performance wheel. If I were to do this again, I would order the 255/35 size which is not only cheaper but it would being the width to about what the 235/35 Michelins were. I don’t think Costco will install non-OE sizes so you might have to do TireRack and have them installed elsewhere. Shame I can’t just return these tires now I’m stuck with them.
Are you certain that the 255/35 size will fit properly?
I'm also considering the Hancook Ion AS. I wonder if they would be similarly narrow?

@Metalgearsolid I would go with 245. The 235 size is visibly stretched on the 9" wide Uberturbines wheels.

Note that @Slow_driver's photo shows the older 8.5" wide M3P wheels. So that 235 size would be even more stretched on your wheels @Metalgearsolid.

No allseason is going to give you the performance of a good summer performance tire in warmer weather. The OEM Pirelli is a mediocre summer performance tire, so maybe you can come close. Maybe. ;) If you want the best performance in warmer weather, swapping wheels between summer and "winter" sets is the way to go. The winter set can simply be allseasons of course if that makes more sense for your weather than winter snow tires.