Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brings a tear to my eye...voice command for “Open glovebox”, thank you Elon!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the best title for a thread ever. It's hilarious.....and true!
I got pulled over the first week I owned the car. I was so stressed that I glazed over and couldn't see where to open the glovebox. Yes, I know it's basically right in front of us on the screen lol. It provided some comic relief for the cop and I got away with a warning.
Next time I get pulled over this voice command will be fantastic!

• Funny
Reactions: SMAlset
I was hoping for "Open Frunk" or "Open Trunk".. Now THAT would be handy. But it says something like: "This command is not functional YET."

If I say something else it says "Command not recognized".

So... It sure sounds like it knows exactly what I asked for, it's just not in the mood to comply. That's weird, I wonder why.

Reactions: APotatoGod
I was hoping for "Open Frunk" or "Open Trunk".. Now THAT would be handy. But it says something like: "This command is not functional YET."

If I say something else it says "Command not recognized".

So... It sure sounds like it knows exactly what I asked for, it's just not in the mood to comply. That's weird, I wonder why.

Interesting.... although there is really no use for those commands unless they change the software to be always listening with the trigger word as the name you gave to your Telsa. Currently Frunk and Trunk opening is 1 press from the screen unlike opening glovebox which requires 2 presses. Now it would be cool if Sentry Mode is on, the cameras will recognize gesture and present of phone key to open frunk and trunk.

I tried to send a text this morning (first time with audio commands) and it transcribed my voice perfectly and the card window said to tap to send it but for the life of me I couldn't get past this point. It showed the correct sendee person even. Even did a reboot just in case but same result. Either there is something in set up that I'm missing or it's a bug. No tapping anywhere, scrolling wheel or the card window did anything to send. When I would tap the circular arrow in the far right bottom corner of the card it would send me back to Dictate. Any thoughts?

BTW I did try out the command for climate temp change and it handled that perfectly. Did it several times and always did it. Haven't had much time to try out other commands yet.

You haven't changed the settings to allow Bluetooth messaging. Read the full release notes. I was stuck in the same place until I changed the settings

• Informative
Reactions: SMAlset
You haven't changed the settings to allow Bluetooth messaging. Read the full release notes. I was stuck in the same place until I changed the settings

Last night I watched videos a few people made of texting, actually 3 of them, the last one made reference to the Bluetooth setting (as indicated by you and @DrtyJrze). I had mistaken that as the Bluetooth setting on my phone which I had checked, not realizing it was in reference to the car. Then I also saw one of the videos sending and receiving text messages and realized from the camera perspective that to send I need to tap the scroll wheel (right). They even mentioned trying to tap the car's screen, which I had tried doing, and that that was misleading. So I'll be testing out tomorrow. Thanks guys for the help. I took photos of the Release Notes but only looked at Voice Commands and didn't read further to see Phone Improvements which I thought would have been better titled Sending/Receiving Text Messages. So far liking what I'm seeing of the things I've tried out.

Currently Frunk and Trunk opening is 1 press from the screen unlike opening glovebox which requires 2 presses.

You're gonna think I'm a complete moron, but I didn't notice that until now. (Yes, I even read the manual... I guess I skimmed that part.)

So at this moment I'm thinking "Should I click Post? Will I be forever shunned as the world's biggest idiot? Screw it, here goes.... (click)"

Thank god the commands are only made active by the driver depressing the scroll wheel. Think about it! Another reason you don’t need to be annoying and call out Tesla or the name of your car before saying the command in order to get the commands to work. Much better implementation in my opinion.