TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

British Columbia Personalized Plates and Trim Ring

Discussion in 'Canada' started by beeeerock, May 27, 2015.

1. beeeerock

beeeerock Active Member

First world problems I know...

The pretty plastic 'Tesla' plate trim ring obscures my registration information as shown in the photo. Anyone seen a trim ring for Tesla that doesn't do this? Plate looks pretty pathetic without something around the outside...

Also realized they only used two screws to affix my plate at delivery, meaning there are holes at the bottom that could take screws... but I don't have them. Guess I'll have to poke around to find the same size, but the ones they supplied look different - perhaps to prevent rusting.

IMG_20150525_123950 (1).jpg

2. wayner

wayner Active Member

Don't you left coast tree huggers have Green plates like us here in Ontari,ari, ari-o?

3. Paul Carter

Paul Carter Active Member

I had a custom one done that's basically the same size as the Telsa standard. But they do make thin ones:
    Elite Stainless Steel License Plate Frame - AutoPlates.com
    Classic Lite Chrome License Plate Frame - AutoPlates.com

4. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Places like Canadian Tire and such carry chrome plate frames that look almost exactly like the Tesla ones except the bottom edge is blank and the same thickness as the other three sides. That should work for you...

5. jmccrack

jmccrack Member

no comment on the plate ring. But great to see you have your car. Have fun. Still waiting for mine

6. Ugliest1

Ugliest1 S85: "Sparky"

Same on mine - two upper screws only, dates obscured.

IMG_4590.jpg

7. Paul Carter

This one might work.
    Monterey License Plate Frame, Chrome finish | Canadian Tire
    download.png

8. beeeerock

beeeerock Active Member

Because, being 'left coast tree-huggers', the green plates are implied and assumed! ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I'm thinking that's what I'll have to do. I was hoping for another version of the Tesla trim that had the cutout, but included the badging. But I can live with a regular ring if that's my only choice!

- - - Updated - - -

Huh. And no issues from the local constabulary? I understood the stickers had to be clearly visible, with the small registration number at the bottom showing.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I think I'm stuck with a basic one. With 'Tesla' on the car just above the license plate anyway, perhaps there's no need to advertise it on the trim ring too. I'll have a look at lunch today.

Thanks for all the comments.

9. Paul Carter

Mine's been pretty much covered up for a year now with my custom one (and the same as the Tesla one). Police usually pull up next to me and say nice Tesla or is that a Tesla. :D
    My next Tesla is a Model X. This will do while I wait.jpg [

10. beeeerock

beeeerock Active Member

Hmm. Maybe they aren't as fussy as I thought about this... but not sure I want to push my luck! I don't have a problem with authority, but authority sometimes has a problem with me... :cool:

11. Ugliest1

Ugliest1 S85: "Sparky"

Unfortunately, I cannot answer this question because it will cause what we are talking about not happening, to happen!