Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bromptons in a Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brompton's are awesome. For anyone considering going with an electric Brompton I have a suggestion. Just buy a base Brompton, whichever model you like, and add a Swytch electric bike kit. It has worked great for me, and in some ways better than my electric Brompton did, and save a ton of money. They have them for other bikes. I bought in when they did crowdfunding with a first gen for one bike. Then bought a few more with the 2nd gen, and now they are on the 3rd gen. Mine are still working great and takes about an hour to install. They have them for almost all bikes.

Two electric Bromptons fit easily in the trunk of our Model 3! We’ve been spending about 4 months a year traveling and staying in hotels. This year after a stint in Florida, where we really wished we had bicycles, we finally bought this pair from Portapedalbike in Phoenix. We’ve had them for two months now and wish we’d bought them when we bought the Tesla.

We are able to pack quite a bit of stuff around them when traveling so most of our stuff is in the trunk with just a few items in the back seat.

They stow easily out of the way in hotel rooms too. These things are great!
View attachment 938856
In the end I’ve gone with putting one behind the passenger seat and one in the boot (or sometimes on the back seat). The Brompton fits nicely in the well, but it means I have to take out everything that’s in there, already!

As for Bromptons, they’re great. Had one for over 10 years and the electric for the past couple. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for..