Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brought home a used Model S and WHAT IS THIS CONNECTION? Driver side, comes out under the center console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2018 Model S, beautiful….. n\getting to know the subtle changes from my 2016. I found this connector and can’t figure out why / what this is for.
34131DA0-D7E4-466C-8E11-3283FC9E214C.jpeg
72007465-5AB6-462B-92C9-CAD9A215AF94.jpeg

DerbyDave - yes, usb type b, I googled it and that is def. It. I have not plugged anything into it because I can’t find an adapter that would go usb b to anything useful (thumb drive, etc). Where it comes out does make me think maybe it does come from the back of the much, but I don’t know, maybe drop into the local computer store and ask what it a usb b to sod adapter????

Upvote 0
DerbyDave - yes, usb type b, I googled it and that is def. It. I have not plugged anything into it because I can’t find an adapter that would go usb b to anything useful (thumb drive, etc). Where it comes out does make me think maybe it does come from the back of the much, but I don’t know, maybe drop into the local computer store and ask what it a usb b to sod adapter????
USB-B is normally used for printer cables so if you ask for that you'll get USB-B on one side and USB-A on the other

Upvote 0